PDA

View Full Version : New to SH4 need some help

side-show-bob
05-19-10, 09:05 PM
Hi all

I have just bought SH4 and it should be arriving today but i have read some info on a number of sites and i am conserned as to weather or not it will run on my system. I have the following:

Intel(R) CPU T2050 1.60GHz with 1GB of Ram (i can improve the ram using my USB stick)

Also should i install the patch 1.4? do i need it?

Thanks

Rob

clayp
05-19-10, 09:43 PM
Silent Hunter 4 System Requirements 4/5/07

Supported OS

: Windows® XP/Vista Only
Game comes on 1 DVD
Processor: 2GHz Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon (3GHz Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon recommended)
RAM: 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
Video Card: 128 MB RAM, DirectX 9–compliant, video card capable of rendering Pixel Shader 2.0 (256 MB RAM recommended) (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 –compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c or later (included on game disk)
DVD ROM drive 4x or faster speed
Hard Drive Space: 6 GB
Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 128Kbps upstream or faster, (512Kbps upstream or faster needed to host online games)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110260

ReallyDedPoet
05-19-10, 09:47 PM
Yeah, SH4 can be a bit of a hog, so you want to be able to meet at least the minimum requirements and if possible exceed them as it makes the experience that much better. You need to need patched to at least 1.4, 1.5 is the UBM Add-on :yep:

By the way, welcome to SUBSIM :yep::up:

side-show-bob
05-19-10, 09:48 PM
thanks for the spec, i unfortunatly dont know enough about computers, is my 1.6GHz T2050 any where near as good as a P4 2GHz?

side-show-bob
05-19-10, 09:50 PM
Yeah, SH4 can be a bit of a hog, so you want to be able to meet at least the minimum requirements and if possible exceed them as it makes the experience that much better. You need to need patched to at least 1.4, 1.5 is the UBM Add-on :yep:

By the way, welcome to SUBSIM :yep::up:

Thanks matey

do i install the paches first then install SH4?

ReallyDedPoet
05-19-10, 09:58 PM
Thanks matey

do i install the paches first then install SH4?

Install SH4, then the last patch: 1.4 as they are cumulative ( previous versions are rolled into
the newest ).

ReallyDedPoet
05-19-10, 10:00 PM
thanks for the spec, i unfortunatly dont know enough about computers, is my 1.6GHz T2050 any where near as good as a P4 2GHz?

Someone here will answer that for you :yep:

magic452
05-20-10, 01:03 AM
It sounds like you might be a little short.
The specs that Clayp listed are the bear minimum.

You might get by with that CPU but you'll need at least 2 gig ram.
You didn't say what vid card you have but I suspect that is not enough either. A 256 meg card may get you by with the other stuff, 512 would be better.

I would suggest getting the U boat addition V1.5, it is a little but not much, better as for as the need equipment goes.

You might have to run with some of the graphics turned down.

Welcome to the boat mate, hope it works for you.

Magic