PDA

View Full Version : SH4-lifeguard missions

waylav
05-15-10, 11:22 PM
Hi...I'm new here. In the lifeguard missions in sh4, I can never find a survivor. I hav elooked for 2 hours trying to find one. I know the drift with the current and yet I still cant locate them. I see the pink smoke, where I assume they origionally hit the water. Would appreciate any advice or tips on the matter. Thanks

razark
05-16-10, 12:04 AM
I wish I could help you on this one. I've only been assigned lifeguard duty once. The orders I received told me to be sure to arrive before 5 December. That was somewhat odd, considering that my crew was just starting to clean up from the 4th of July cookout. We didn't find anyone to pick up either, and we started running short of fuel towards the end of the month. It's alright, though. I figure I'll run a couple of patrols, and then head back there. I've got plenty of time.

Edit: And welcome aboard!

magic452
05-16-10, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the boat mate. :salute:

Just head towards the pink smoke, there is a downed pilot there in the smoke.
It's a long way off so just keep going till you are very close and you should, but not always, see a pilot bobbing around in the water.

Look though the binocs and when the cross hairs turn red you'll get the pick up survivor icon to light up. It's really funky the way they do it but that's life. You need to be going very slow. Check along the base of the smoke where it seems to start, most often he is there and sometimes there are more than one.

I kind of like the Lifeguard missions as that is something subs really did but the way you have to pick them up is not very good to say the least.

Magic

waylav
05-16-10, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the welcome...and for the tip. Will go back to that save game and try it out.:)

BillBam
05-16-10, 07:50 AM
It can take for what seems hours to get to the pink smoke, try TC 4 or maybe 8 but do not go higher because I have lost my pilot by doing this in the past. Also if you get close and the smoke goes away look on the attack map and look for a blue parachute icon. If it is there the pilot is still there but his smoke has run out. Visually search the are where the icon is and you will find him, don't give up!

fw66
05-16-10, 11:52 AM
Look though the binocs and when the cross hairs turn red you'll get the pick up survivor icon to light up. It's really funky the way they do it but that's life.

Does it work with enemy pilots too?

I've never been assigned to a lifeguard patrol, and didn't know about the whole binocular thing, so the last time there was an enemy pilot in the water I approached very slowly expecting to see a 'pick up survivor' option with no luck. It was odd though, because every time I came near, he would disappear and then turn up further away from the sub! So, having chased him around for a bit I gave up and carried on with the patrol.. Would be nice to know if I can pick them up at all.

BillBam
05-16-10, 11:59 AM
Does it work with enemy pilots too?

I've never been assigned to a lifeguard patrol, and didn't know about the whole binocular thing, so the last time there was an enemy pilot in the water I approached very slowly expecting to see a 'pick up survivor' option with no luck. It was odd though, because every time I came near, he would disappear and then turn up further away from the sub! So, having chased him around for a bit I gave up and carried on with the patrol.. Would be nice to know if I can pick them up at all.

You can only pickup Allied flyers.

fw66
05-16-10, 12:36 PM
You can only pickup Allied flyers.

Ah, thanks!