PDA

View Full Version : Fog

BIGD101
05-15-10, 03:35 AM
Bah! Had a sweet 3 ship convoy come my way, 2 destroyers and 3 merchs. Problem is i have to be right next to them and i mean RIGHT next to them to get a look at them let alone lock on.

Anyone have any tips for situation?

Chubster
05-15-10, 04:11 AM
Sonar attack is the way to go and this is the way to do it... Dick O'Kane Sonar Only Video

Download link can be found here. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146795

Looks daunting at first but its easy enough when you get the hang of it....and very satisfying when you hear the fish explode and you havent even seen the target

Admiral8Q
05-15-10, 05:18 AM
I'm jealous that you have fog. I'm stuck with clear weather, oi. Sunk a merchie though ;)

BIGD101
05-15-10, 10:19 AM
Checked out that video, jesus! I've been playing with auto targeting on so watching that video introduced me to a whole new world of hurt! Think I might watch a manual target video for dummies! :damn:

Chubster
05-15-10, 10:57 AM
Checked out that video, jesus! I've been playing with auto targeting on so watching that video introduced me to a whole new world of hurt! Think I might watch a manual target video for dummies! :damn:

LOL

Check out the Dick OKane manual targeting vid from Rockin Robins. It really is very good and easy to follow. Get it all right and you hardly ever miss. :salute:

BIGD101
05-15-10, 12:16 PM
Ok so I gave the Tutorial mission a go and it seems like i have cracked it. I do however have a problem with getting a good reading of speed! I know I have to mark the ship then time it for say 3 mins then mark again, but its the working out how to take that distance information and come to a speed reading I don't understand. There must be a solution right? Like 1 min timed and 1k travelled = ??? etc

Any help would be ace!

BillBam
05-15-10, 12:32 PM
Ok so I gave the Tutorial mission a go and it seems like i have cracked it. I do however have a problem with getting a good reading of speed! I know I have to mark the ship then time it for say 3 mins then mark again, but its the working out how to take that distance information and come to a speed reading I don't understand. There must be a solution right? Like 1 min timed and 1k travelled = ??? etc

Any help would be ace!

Take your 3 min distance and divide by 100 or just drop the last two digits...900 yrds is 9 knots

BIGD101
05-15-10, 12:35 PM
Damn, think I'm on Meters. Might have to switch it back to the Yards then!

Cheers

BillBam
05-15-10, 12:54 PM
Damn, think I'm on Meters. Might have to switch it back to the Yards then!

Cheers

With meters it is the same procedure just time it for 3 min 15 seconds.

Chubster
05-15-10, 01:30 PM
And if you have or install a nomograph then you dont even have to wait an agonising long three minutes :DL

BillBam
05-15-10, 01:35 PM
Just remember the shorter the distance the greater the chance for error.

Admiral8Q
05-15-10, 02:19 PM
When all else fails, use the deck gun:03:

Even a 3" gun can sink a merch if you fire at the right spot:cool:

Admiral8Q
05-15-10, 03:11 PM
You complain about fog, I complain when the water is like a piece of glass, see.
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8/clearrunning.png

I guess we need a distraction like this:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6192/girl01o.jpg

magic452
05-16-10, 01:28 AM
I don't know about that distraction, I tried it and the wife raised hell.
Looks like I'll have to settle for fog.

Magic