PDA

View Full Version : Which fleet gets the most involvement in major battles?

treblesum81
05-14-10, 01:44 AM
Is is the Pacific Fleet or the Asiatic Fleet?

Also, with TMO 1.9 and RSRDC, will I get a better chance to be involved in the major activity if I let the missions / patrols direct me there? or do I have to just go be at the right place at the right time and ignore the missions? (kinda unrealistic... imagine how you'd have to play that off to your crew..."I just think we need to be on the other side of the pacific in 15 days... really... its just a 'feeling'...")

Thanks

Bilge_Rat
05-14-10, 07:09 AM
In the early part of the war, 41-42, Asiatic/Australia is better. Most of the actions is around the Philippines/Indonesia in 41-early 42 and around Guadalcanal/ Solomons in late 42-early 43. You also have generally shorter transit times to your patrol area.

RSRDC will not direct you to a specific battle, although most appear to be modeled. You have to know when they happen so you can be in the area. One thing to remember is that ships will not spawn within 20 miles of your location, so this could affect whether a particular battle occurs.

Chubster
05-14-10, 09:52 AM
Dont go to Aussie there is a Jap in command down there :D

magic452
05-15-10, 02:00 AM
In my current campaign I have been following orders and have missed all the big action and that is without RSRD. The mission orders kind o' suck.
With RSRD you just have to freelance to get the real action. I had no luck at all with RSRD mission orders, maybe it was just me.

Magic