PDA

View Full Version : missioneditor problem

wolf_288
05-12-10, 03:15 AM
Hi

I did create a mission in the missioneditor and the valid-check was ok and I created a folder in the singlemission folder(C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\SingleMissions)new folder and rename it to the mission name and save it(save normal mission as )but the folder is empty what can be wrong her???

aergistal
05-12-10, 04:16 AM
Chances are that you are using Vista or Windows 7 and MissionEditor.exe doesn't have write permission on that folder. To fix this try right-clicking MissionEditor.exe then select Properties -> Compatibility tab (top) and make sure to check Run this program as an administrator. See if this works.

Papagon2
05-12-10, 04:17 AM
I dont realy know what you done wrong..
but I got a same problem. I saved the mission in a folder i made.. and all that was ok.. but when I entered the game and went on quick mission the mission I made wassnt there. how can I make my mission's to work in the game?:shifty:
I got win XP pro..

aergistal
05-12-10, 04:21 AM
Just checking, but the folder you made was under %\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\SingleMissions, right?

CapnScurvy
05-12-10, 05:44 AM
Hello Wolf,

Take a look at the "SingleMissions" folder through Windows Explorer and see if there are two orphaned files listed there (without being in a folder). The two files saved in a normal American edited mission will be a ".MIS" file and a ".TSR" file (the German side will have ".MISGE" and a ".TSR" file). Both should have the name you gave the mission before the file prefex, like "Kick some Butt.MIS". If the mission files you saved are there, just cut and copy the files into your like named folder (folder name "Kick some Butt"). One thing I usually do is use the "Save As" menu heading when saving a new mission file. I've found simply using the "save" icon won't put the files where you want them.

Papagon2
05-12-10, 05:54 AM
I dont rly think thats my prob.. and yes I "saved as" at the right location.. I am a worldbuilder person sow I know mutch but.. here I saved em to single missions and when I enter game "quick mission" it issnt there.. do I need to do somehting like.. on the exe file?? that I go on properties and have to change something there?do I need the tga file?

(this looks like can be hard to find out. so it would be great if ennyone added my
MSN: Janerjeb@hotmail.com | and take contact with me there..

aergistal
05-12-10, 06:08 AM
I found this http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//showthread.php?t=111369

Give it a try and see if it works. Good luck!

You need to make sure that the .mis and .tsr files are the same name as your folder. "SM12 japanese carrier.mis" & "SM12 japanese carrier.tsr" [...]

<edit> I gave it a try and it won't show up if the file name is different than the folder name

Papagon2
05-12-10, 08:56 AM
thats my prob too!!... well I got it to work now!!! yay!!... I think I know what I did wrong.. it might be that my folder name wassnt 100% like the mission name.

CapnScurvy
05-12-10, 12:46 PM
Besides making sure your file name and the folder name are identical, go to the "Mission" menu heading of the editor and open the "Language Localization" entry. You will have at least two entries "MissionBriefing" and "MissionTitle" (a third can be the name you gave to an "Objective" at the top of the "Mission" menu list).

The "MissionBriefing" is just that, a description of the mission that appears on the right side of the Single Missions menu, in-game. The "MissionTitle" must have the same name as the xxxxx.MIS/xxxxx.TSR file and the folder that holds them. Leaving this entry blank will cause the saved mission to be found in the single missions menu in-game BUT, no name will appear for the mission (it's there, you just can't find it).