PDA

View Full Version : I cant update sh4

tjmi3y
05-11-10, 07:27 AM
I want to update from 1.1 to 1.4 but the setup has detected that no version of silent hunter 4 is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.

I think its becuz i dont have the registry entery. Can any 1 help me please.

ETR3(SS)
05-11-10, 07:56 AM
Try a reinstall. That should put it into the registry again. I'm curious as to why it's not in the registry to begin with though?

tjmi3y
05-11-10, 08:03 AM
the problem the dvd is broken :wah:

tjmi3y
05-11-10, 08:36 AM
What are the necessary keys I must create it in the registry to make it work.:06:

tomoose
05-11-10, 09:49 AM
It would probably be easier just to buy SH4 with the U-boat add-on. It's not expensive and you'd be up to date with the versions and be able to take advantage of the incredible amount of mods.:salute:

ETR3(SS)
05-11-10, 10:00 AM
the problem the dvd is broken :wah:Replace it, you'll need it anyways. But how does a broken dvd drive have anything to do with a game not being in the registry?

cdrsubron7
05-11-10, 10:42 AM
Before running the 1.4 patch you might try manually changing the path to where the game is installed. If it still doesn't work you will probably need to reinstall the game. Just my opinion, but I don't think changing things in the Registry will help, and unless you know what you're doing you could screw up you're Windows install. The Subsim Store has SHIV v1.5 (The Gold Edition) for $10. You can find it here (http://www.subsim.com/store.html).:D