PDA

View Full Version : Just got 1.5v - Mods making my head spin!

BIGD101
05-06-10, 09:59 AM
Hello! I have finally got 1.5v sorted! The question is what mods should I use! There are so many! I have downloaded the 'Generic Mod Enabler' so that's ready to rock but just don't want to install mods that might clash!

I'm really interested in tweaks and not so much graphics, so any help would be great!

Cheers
BIGD101

BillBam
05-06-10, 10:05 AM
Best thing to do is read the mod threats and pick what sounds good to you. Try it and if you don't like it or it is causing trouble dump it. Mod are like ice cream flavors, everyone has their favorites.

BIGD101
05-06-10, 12:54 PM
Using TMO (patched) i don't seem to be able to use way points any more, anyone had this or is this intended?

Any help would be ace!

Armistead
05-06-10, 01:09 PM
Not sure what you mean, but I have no problems setting waypoints to direct my ship as the same in stock..

Some other good mods

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_19
TMO19_Patch_25012010
RSRDC_TMO_V502----for historic campaign, less traffic, huge convoys...
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
TMO19_interior3d_GATO_overhaul---available for most sub types----
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_TMO19
MaxOptics IV for TMO 1.9.......if you have old eyes...
TMO19_ChartsOverhaul
Nav Map Make-Over
Merchant Skinpack v2 TMO---great mod, really adds flavor to the ships...

BIGD101
05-06-10, 01:13 PM
Hey thanks, some of them sound good.

I click the way point tool, but cant click anything onto the map, so i cant set any kind of way point for the sub to go to. Also, i notice that the sub on the map is not visible until you zoom right in, so at distance its just a circle.

Anyone else have this?>

Armistead
05-06-10, 01:20 PM
Are you clicking on the icon "set waypoints". I can't remember stock, but TMO adds a lot of icons so they may be differernt. Several waypoint tooks so try them all..I just hit the icon and drag my wayoint lines same as stock.

Yep, your sub is a circle, so now you have to pay attention to where it's going.

BIGD101
05-06-10, 01:31 PM
I found the problem, i loaded my old game from 1.4, its a glitch with that as when I started a new game it was back and working fine! Looks like i got to start over again! Never mind, i think in some ways that's best!

Cheers
BIGD

Tamaris
05-08-10, 04:47 PM
I installed RFB 2.0 and patched it. I am delighted with all the changes, but got some problems after installing RSRD (and it's patch).
There is no access to deck gun in artillery training. In campaign my sub doesn't react to nav points and set speed commands? :-?

I installed all those mods in order as stated...Should I install it one by one and run the game each time?

BIGD101
05-09-10, 10:46 AM
Ok so the problem I have now is my mission to recon Ishinomaki, i get there with no problem, i see two gunboats docked so i take snaps and.... nothing! The mission does not end, i'm 100% sure there are NO other boats in dock.

I even took a picture of a fishing boat and the other roaming Gunboat for good measure but it still does not work!

Anyone else had this?

I'm using:

TMO 1.9 Patched
EAX_Sound_Sim
TMO updated interiors
Nav Map Make Over
Merchand Skin Pack v2 TMO
Max Optics IV TMO

BillBam
05-09-10, 11:16 AM
Ok so the problem I have now is my mission to recon Ishinomaki, i get there with no problem, i see two gunboats docked so i take snaps and.... nothing! The mission does not end, i'm 100% sure there are NO other boats in dock.

I even took a picture of a fishing boat and the other roaming Gunboat for good measure but it still does not work!

Anyone else had this?

I'm using:

TMO 1.9 Patched
EAX_Sound_Sim
TMO updated interiors
Nav Map Make Over
Merchand Skin Pack v2 TMO
Max Optics IV TMO

There is a known bug about not being able to complete Photo Recon missions. There is a fix mod for this problem, I will check for it later today if you cannot find it in the DL section.

Here is the link to the Photo Recon Fix.
http://www.filefront.com/10335808/Photo_Recon_Fix_MODs.7z

BIGD101
05-10-10, 09:15 AM
Nice! Worked a treat. In the meantime i had docked and ended the mission so i could get new orders. I did the patch while out at sea and when given a new recon objective it worked fine, took down a docked craft carrier with 1 torp! sent 4 but 3 popped in the water! Bah!

Got a new sub when i got home! :)