PDA

View Full Version : How Do I?

gavain2
05-04-10, 01:00 PM
input data in the uboats tdc? I have never done any Op Monsun before and have no idea how one inputs the data when making a setup for a torpedoe attack.
I have looked but can't find any tutorials on this.

gavain2 :damn:

Sammi79
05-04-10, 01:21 PM
Hi Gavain2, In the operation monsun support files there should be a manual targetting pdf and a KiUB tutorial pdf, both of which expertly explain the whole process.

Simply though with the german gear you have to input all the data manually by turning the dials (on the right hand side of the periscope view) but you can't do this as long as the green light in the middle is lit up. This green light indicates that the dials are linked to the scope and they will move as you turn the scope. To de-link the TDC from the scope just click the green light and it will go dark, then you can set the dials manually using your own data.

gavain2
05-04-10, 04:26 PM
Hi Gavain2, In the operation monsun support files there should be a manual targetting pdf and a KiUB tutorial pdf, both of which expertly explain the whole process.

Simply though with the german gear you have to input all the data manually by turning the dials (on the right hand side of the periscope view) but you can't do this as long as the green light in the middle is lit up. This green light indicates that the dials are linked to the scope and they will move as you turn the scope. To de-link the TDC from the scope just click the green light and it will go dark, then you can set the dials manually using your own data.

I looked in the d/l folder of Operation Monsun but couldn't see any
explantions for manual targetting. Still I will take up your suggestion

Odd thing? I've just looked in my Sh4 base folder/mods and cannot find Op' Monsun nor any of the patches for it. Yet in JSGME, they are all shown as active!
I had thought when opening the main window at start, it should show Operation Monsun as an option but all I see is the U-boat sub' option
I'm running Windows 7 and so far all games are perfect

gavain2

Sammi79
05-04-10, 04:35 PM
Right I couldn't find it just now, duh! lucky I made an easy access copy when I was learning so here you go :-

http://www.filefront.com/16366675/KiUB%20User%20Guide.pdf

this guide explains everything you need to know very clearly. :ping:

With regard to Win7 yep every game I play got on average a 30% increase in performance when I upgraded from vista, It uses way less ram etc. and directx stuff is proper. One thing I would advise though (you may do this already) is to install games in a directory other than in the 'Program Files' default one, on a different drive ideally eg D:\Games\Ubisoft\SH4\ because like vista win7 has this user account control and it requires admin priviledges to alter files within these default folders.

And here's the other one I didn't find this one so helpful but again all neccassary information is in there :-

http://www.filefront.com/16366837/Manual%20Targeting.pdf