PDA

View Full Version : Dick O'Kane Sonar excellent BUT???

wolf_288
05-04-10, 08:06 AM
Hi
the (tuturial video) Dick O'Kane Sonar is excellent BUT???why this noisy music, anyone know how editing this away or maybe there is a tuturial without music????

Rockin Robbins
05-04-10, 08:24 AM
What music was that? I forgot. As with all my videos, they are done in real time with one track, also produced in real time. What you see is what you get and for better or worse, it is what it is.

I think the advantages of keeping it real are much more instructive than the process of overdubbing and mixing artificially created narration and music. When you see my video, you know there are no cuts, there is no narration added later, what you see is what I do and you can do it too. That technique is still unique and it still is the best there is for teaching. It is not the best there is for entertainment.

I am more than willing to risk being boring, having bad sound mixes, lousy production values, whatever for the sake of getting the idea across accurately and giving the viewer the absolute confidence that they can do it themselves.

BillBam
05-04-10, 08:52 AM
Hi
the (tuturial video) Dick O'Kane Sonar is excellent BUT???why this noisy music, anyone know how editing this away or maybe there is a tuturial without music????

Dude...it is a free video that RR took the time to make to help out other captains learn. If he wants his tunes deal with it, a little Pink Floyd or what ever never hurt anyone hahaha!

Rockin Robbins
05-04-10, 05:19 PM
Yes, I just listened to it and the music was Echoes from the Pink Floyd album Meddle with a snippet of the previous song, Seamus. Naw, I wouldn't change a thing! Well I might mix it a little lower in volume if I were to do it again, which I am not.:D

But yes, Pink Floyd were the masters of noise from the otherworldly noises in Echoes to the airport noises on Dark Side of the Moon to elevator noises in Wish You Were Here to all the telephone nonsense on The Wall. Always Pink Floyd put their music in the context of life. They loved noise and let it inspire their music.