PDA

View Full Version : [Req] Anyone who can read Russian?

TLAM Strike
05-02-10, 05:11 PM
Found this online and I would like to know what it says at the bottom of the image.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8051/667draw2.jpg

It says something about Project 667 which is a Russian SSBN class but this sub doesn't really resemble it. Is it a schematic of a Proj 667 subclass?

msxyz
05-03-10, 09:34 AM
When I'll get back home in two days, I'll browse my HUGE ( :know: ) database of sub plans to see if there's something with a similar shape. It doesn't ring any bell at the moment. Sorry.

Cheers from the land of beer and sausages (and uboots, of course ;) )

nikimcbee
05-03-10, 10:12 AM
Found this online and I would like to know what it says at the bottom of the image.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8051/667draw2.jpg

It says something about Project 667 which is a Russian SSBN class but this sub doesn't really resemble it. Is it a schematic of a Proj 667 subclass?
I'll answer it when i get off work: roughly it's side view of sub 667 4th version) I need my dictionay, and I don't have it with me.:know:

conus00
05-03-10, 01:30 PM
It says:
"Exterior view and horizontal section of Project 667 submarine (fourth version)"

TLAM Strike
05-03-10, 08:46 PM
It says:
"Exterior view and horizontal section of Project 667 submarine (fourth version)"

Thanks a lot! :salute:

I guess that would make it the "Yankee Sidecar" class SSGN. :hmmm:

conus00
05-03-10, 11:16 PM
You're welcome, mate!

msxyz
05-04-10, 02:21 PM
If it's a Yankee Sidecar, then it would be a one time prototype of a rebuilt Yankee-I 667 :06: I though all the different variations were only conversions or refits of subs belonging to the single class 667A, not different classes.

...and alas, all I could find are some low resolution cutaway drawings of the basic 667A. I hate to break promises :cry:

dyshman
05-10-10, 04:00 PM
its image of first variant of project 667 submarines. its type designated for carrying P-21(SSN-5) missiles. they are located horizontally. this variant was abandoned when the SSN-6 serb was developed.and developers re-created pr.667 to 667A wich was well known Yankey
this a image of pr.958 "soviet seawolf". "subsurfased AWACS"
http://paralay.com/958/958-1-Model[1].jpg

TLAM Strike
05-10-10, 07:02 PM
So that Yankee with the SS-N-5 missiles was never built?

Project 958? I've never heard of that one? It's not the Yasen, that is project 885. Is it something new? Or something yet to be built? :hmmm:

dyshman
05-11-10, 10:35 AM
yes, this variant of pr.667 was never built, time of classic SSBN-s, like George Washington, came. this variant was very unusual and carried too small quantity of missiles, instead pr.667A, which carried 16 silos.
about pr.958, it was perspective type of 3rd generation submarines, which was created to serve as a "AWACS" for smaller killer-subs, descendants of Alfa-s, pr. 657 and 693. pr.958 would have extremely power sonars and lowest level of noise. this idea was similar to seawolf tactics of penetrating to soviet "bastions" but was created earlier, in 70-s. this wolf-pack of submarines 958+657/693 should operate near US costs, in ohio-s (and others ssbn-s) patrol areas and against multi-layer NATO ASW. Akula ssn firstly was a variant of this project.
but building of this expensive subs was not on forces to soviet industry in 1970-th. later, this project was re-created as 4th generations subs, with same tactic, but without killer-subs, individually. but falling of USSR destroyed all this plans. graney project was created instead of 4th generation pr958 , as cheaper and more-purposes submarine with same
sonars and tactic.
also, pr881 "Mercury"(planet;)) SSGN, pr.935 SSBN, projects 957 and 833 SSNs was created, but was never built within 4th generation of soviet subs.
also, you can see more information here: deepstorm.ru and paralay.com. sorry,only in russian. contact me with icq if you want

TLAM Strike
05-11-10, 03:32 PM
I imagine the problem of two subs communicating killed the idea of an AWACS submarine. Any electronic or acoustic signal reduces the sub's stealth to zero for a period of time. Anything short of a tight beam comm. laser bounced off a satellite would be too risky and that tech was decades away.

Also that SS-N-5 Yankee would have most likely be converted to other roles very quick had it been built. Much like our USS Halibut and Seawolf (the SSN 585 one).

Deepstorm.ru is fantastic. I've seen a few of those drawings in a Norman Polamar book but there are quite a few interesting subs on there that didn't quite make it. I really like that SLCM milchcow design.

Google translate helps a little on that site.

I will check out that other site later tonight.