PDA

View Full Version : Dud Torpedoes ??

Chubster
05-02-10, 09:11 AM
They keep exploding mid way to the target....dont get reported as duds?

Whats going on

Zero Niner
05-02-10, 09:21 AM
Premature explosions - happened IRL during the war, especially in the initial years

Chubster
05-02-10, 09:23 AM
God.....Now I am having premature problems in a GAME.....:D:D

Ok cheers for that, least I now know its not something I am doing wrong

Platapus
05-02-10, 10:11 AM
If a torpedo detonates at the "wrong" time, it is not considered a dud, but a malfunction. Not that this makes any practical difference. But that's why they are not reported as duds.

Sammi79
05-02-10, 10:22 AM
Seems to happen more with steam torps as oppsed to electric ones. I tend to set the speed no more than medium and use impact pistols on steam torps but they still go sometimes.

G2B
05-02-10, 10:41 AM
The cure for premature explosions. Reset torp from influence to contact. Also for contact reset torp depth to run shallow since they also had a problem of running to deep.

Singed
05-02-10, 10:54 AM
The game, especially with the good mods, is frustratingly historically accurate regarding the torpedo issues experienced during a good part of the war.

You really want to scream after doing a long run around something, setting up a perfect position, firing 3 and hearing "clunk...clunk....clunk" on the sonar. After that you get to watch a nice fat merchant sail off in to the sunset while you chew on the handles of your periscope.

les green01
05-02-10, 12:19 PM
also dont shoot them off right after the other cause the wake can set them off

BillBam
05-02-10, 01:38 PM
Or set your game settings to not allow for duds, not historically correct but certainly makes the game more fun for me. If I work for the perfect setup using manual targetting I want the kill darn it!

Diopos
05-02-10, 03:20 PM
And who are you gonna blame for all the torps that missed?

:D