PDA

View Full Version : Porked Graphics! Anyone to the rescue? Please

Silent Steel
05-01-10, 12:41 PM
Hi all,
After more than a week seeking the answer to why my screen looks like this I turn to you.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=177&pictureid=1913

This happened when I applied the "NewUIs_TDC_1_9_0_TheDarkWraith".
I've contacted him and he has helped far more than anyone can ask for. TheDarkWraith has all my respect and credits both for his awesome work and also for his outstanding support!
But still...

I've ensured that I follow the install instructions given.
I've four or five times now downloaded, un-zipped and re-installed the mod.
When I didn't got the result I wanted I even uninstalled the SH5 completely.
Here I noticed a few things I don't really get:

1. I uninstall SH5 and then I delete the "C:\My documents\SH5' folder.
(I've even found another folder: "C:\SH-5". This contains a "sr-sh5101" folder containing another folder named "SKIDROW" which contains two .exe files named "sh5.exe" and "SKIDROW.exe".
The "sh5.exe" can't be started since something called "MissionTerrain.dll" can't be found.
Should this C:\SH5 be deleted when uninstalling SH5? Or should I delete it manually myself?)

2. After re-installing SH5 I still find my previously saved missions and campaign...? :hmmm:

3. I enable the "NewUIs_TDC_1_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith"

4. I then apply a TDC (doesn't matter which one I've tried them all) but when doing this I am told: ""Dials.cfg" has already been altered by the "NewUIs_TDC_1_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith" mod." Is this correct?

I'm quite confident that someone of you understands this better than I do.

Please help me out :cry:

Regards

capt-jones
05-01-10, 01:12 PM
:hmmm:looks like you have downloaded the SH5 crack it stops you connecting to the internet, you may need to update your game , you will need to use the original SH5 exe and reconnect to ubi to sync your files:03:

Placoderm
05-01-10, 01:48 PM
Hi all,
After more than a week seeking the answer to why my screen looks like this I turn to you.

(I've even found another folder: "C:\SH-5". This contains a "sr-sh5101" folder containing another folder named "SKIDROW" which contains two .exe files named "sh5.exe" and "SKIDROW.exe".
The "sh5.exe" can't be started since something called "MissionTerrain.dll" can't be found.
Should this C:\SH5 be deleted when uninstalling SH5? Or should I delete it manually myself?)

...I'm quite confident that someone of you understands this better than I do.

Regards

Wow....Bummer.

It sounds like you have the Skidrow Graphic Corruption Virus. It is very destructive, and can spread nasty DRM code to thousands of innocent computers. Unfortunately for you, messed-up graphics should be the least of your concerns...

My suggestion would be to immediately format your C: Drive (Start, My Computer, right click C:, Select Format, have your original Windows disks handy). Do not back up anything, especially the 'C:SH-5' directory or anything in 'My Documents'. Format, and then format again just for good measure. Doing so should prevent the offensive file from spreading futher. You may lose a few personal files and photos, but trust me it is worth it compared to the frustration of growning DRM infestation caused by piracy.

When you re-install SH5, try to do so using the original disks that came with the game. Re-using the Skidrow files may further mess up your system, permanently corrupting your graphics card, your sound card, and perhaps rendering your ram useless. In time, it could even cause your willy to shrink by half. It is truly insidious...

Remember, Format NOW before it is too late!

I hope I have been of help!!

:salute::arrgh!:

speedbird
05-01-10, 02:12 PM
Wow....Bummer.

It sounds like you have the Skidrow Graphic Corruption Virus. It is very destructive, and can spread nasty DRM code to thousands of innocent computers. Unfortunately for you, messed-up graphics should be the least of your concerns...

My suggestion would be to immediately format your C: Drive (Start, My Computer, right click C:, Select Format, have your original Windows disks handy). Do not back up anything, especially the 'C:SH-5' directory or anything in 'My Documents'. Format, and then format again just for good measure. Doing so should prevent the offensive file from spreading futher. You may lose a few personal files and photos, but trust me it is worth it compared to the frustration of growning DRM infestation caused by piracy.

When you re-install SH5, try to do so using the original disks that came with the game. Re-using the Skidrow files may further mess up your system, permanently corrupting your graphics card, your sound card, and perhaps rendering your ram useless. In time, it could even cause your willy to shrink by half. It is truly insidious...

Remember, Format NOW before it is too late!

I hope I have been of help!!

:salute::arrgh!:

Nasty... :nope:

severniae
05-01-10, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

This happened when I applied the "NewUIs_TDC_1_9_0_TheDarkWraith".
I've contacted him and he has helped far more than anyone can ask for. TheDarkWraith has all my respect and credits both for his awesome work and also for his outstanding support!
But still...

I've ensured that I follow the install instructions given.
I've four or five times now downloaded, un-zipped and re-installed the mod.
When I didn't got the result I wanted I even uninstalled the SH5 completely.
Here I noticed a few things I don't really get:

2. After re-installing SH5 I still find my previously saved missions and campaign...? :hmmm:

3. I enable the "NewUIs_TDC_1_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith"

4. I then apply a TDC (doesn't matter which one I've tried them all) but when doing this I am told: ""Dials.cfg" has already been altered by the "NewUIs_TDC_1_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith" mod." Is this correct?

I'm quite confident that someone of you understands this better than I do.

Regards

Mate,

It looks like your using the crack. Weither your using it on a legit copy or not is kinda frowned upon here. If you actually have bought the game then I suggest you re-install and you should find things magically work again. If you haven't bought the game, then I'm sorry, but you won't find many willing to help you here.

Takeda Shingen
05-01-10, 03:43 PM
The discussion of game cracks is prohibited. Take it as a lesson learned: This kind of thing can mess up your system.

The Management