PDA

View Full Version : Always getting damage after loading game

Chubster
05-01-10, 04:48 AM
I saved the game lastnight....well quite late this morning actually:oops:....and now when I reload the crew always reports "we are taking damage" and sure enough I have damage.

There is no one around at all.......both when I saved and when I load ???

Chris38
05-01-10, 06:11 AM
I think it's normal. I mean a normal behaviour for the game.

You should only have this message when you have damage when you save the game (e.g hull integrity not at 100%).

The message you get when you load the game is not an information as you are really taking damage at the instant, but only a minor game bug when the sub loaded is not a damage-free boat.

Rockin Robbins
05-01-10, 06:40 AM
Chris is correct. If you are damaged at all beforehand, when you reload you'll get the damage sounds. They are not damage, just sounds. Think of them as a "helpful" indicator that you have a damaged submarine. It's helpful to be aware of that, although a sultry female voice announcing that fact would be a good deal less irritating.:salute:

Platapus
05-01-10, 07:28 AM
+1 for the sultry female mod please.

:D

Chubster
05-01-10, 10:02 AM
Ok cheers all...

+2 for Sultry..."dive big boy dive" voice over :D

BillBam
05-01-10, 10:21 AM
Dive that Boomer deep!

Diopos
05-01-10, 10:56 AM
... seems we need to stop playing and start dating again... :hmmm:

G2B
05-01-10, 01:13 PM
Seems some of us have been on patrol a bit to long :har:

I don't think the misses would want to hear a sultry female voice saying "Dive that Boomer Deep" while I'm on the computer :stare:

BillBam
05-01-10, 01:47 PM
Seems some of us have been on patrol a bit to long :har:

I don't think the misses would want to hear a sultry female voice saying "Dive that Boomer Deep" while I'm on the computer :stare:

Headphones are a wonderful thing :salute:

G2B
05-01-10, 02:20 PM
Headphones are a wonderful thing :salute:

:har: Aye they are, except when you get a tap on the shoulder "Whatcha doing?" "Oh Ummm, letting this airplane blast my Boomer up"

BillBam
05-01-10, 02:24 PM
:har: Aye they are, except when you get a tap on the shoulder "Whatcha doing?" "Oh Ummm, letting this airplane blast my Boomer up"

At our age my wife is more interested in her Farmville game :rotfl2:

Keelbuster
05-01-10, 03:19 PM
I also get torpedo launching sounds. I guess it's trying to remind me that I have less than a full complement of torpedoes...

Chubster
05-01-10, 05:44 PM
Farmville...now there is one silly little game but they just dont see it do they. She laughs at me for sitting in front of the telly watching a small circle whizz around the screen yet today she (the lovely better half) had the calculator out.

I asked what she was doing and her reply....working out when my pineapples will be ready in case I am not back intime tomorrow...

Go figure :DL

BillBam
05-01-10, 09:04 PM
Farmville...now there is one silly little game but they just dont see it do they. She laughs at me for sitting in front of the telly watching a small circle whizz around the screen yet today she (the lovely better half) had the calculator out.

I asked what she was doing and her reply....working out when my pineapples will be ready in case I am not back intime tomorrow...

Go figure :DL

Yeah an figuring out how to bred to get a pink horse hahaha!

Excelsior82
05-02-10, 05:51 AM
I also get torpedo launching sounds. I guess it's trying to remind me that I have less than a full complement of torpedoes...

In fact, all of this is related to the loading scenario which is awfully buggy.

The game loads a brand new submarine, puts your crew in it, then apply damages like you just got them : means your crew get damaged as well and previously harmed crew gets healed if their compartment is not damaged anymore.

I guess the game simulate as well torpedo launches to reduce your ammo.

Admiral8Q
05-02-10, 06:39 AM
Yes, it must be a hardcodded game flaw, When I was at 83% hull damage, saved the game and then when I loaded it, the entire control room would go dark for a second and water would be pouring out everywhere.

Yes, and the "All Stop" happens every time.:shucks:

Keelbuster
05-02-10, 01:20 PM
In fact, all of this is related to the loading scenario which is awfully buggy.

The game loads a brand new submarine, puts your crew in it, then apply damages like you just got them : means your crew get damaged as well and previously harmed crew gets healed if their compartment is not damaged anymore.

I guess the game simulate as well torpedo launches to reduce your ammo.

What ghetto coding - like, why not just hold the load screen off for a fraction of a second before rendering in order to 'apply' these changes...