PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the Mission site

Paukenschlag
04-30-10, 11:10 AM
I'm gradually getting used to SH5, but at times it is still a bit fustrating.
I've completed the Baltic Sea stint and arrived at Kiel and eventually found out that you had to talk to officers to get things done.

On plotting my course through the Kiel canal and finding that you can't just speed things up or you might crash into some ships I became stuck. A few questions:

1. Is there a way to get to my mission area without having to travel there (albeit at speed in travel mode).

2. How do you get back to your plotted course after going manual to avoid some ship without having to replot the whole course.

Westbroek
04-30-10, 11:29 AM
1) You'll always have to navigate to your patrol area if you're in campaign mode. Don't worry about the more-than-hazardous Kiel Canal...you'll be transferred soon to the far more forgiving Wilhelmshaven port and won't have to dodge friendly cargo ships like Neo in the Matrix.
2) You'll want to install a mod to get a convenient Return To Course command. DarkWraith's UI mods are unbelievable and will make the game infinitely more playable.

2 cents...check.

Paukenschlag
05-01-10, 05:15 AM
Many thanks. I'll still mess around with the game as it is for now. I'm gradually getting the hang of it with the help of Subsim forums. The problem is that while you are under pressure, trying to work out what button to press is a bit disconcerting.