PDA

View Full Version : Anything else a newbie needs?

Chubster
04-25-10, 06:43 AM
Hi all...

After buying this game yesterday I have spent most of the night tweaking and downloading to find it then didnt work cos I was running 1.4 (mods I wanted to install needed 1.5). Was going to go the TWO RSRD route but after reading that may be a bit "real" for a newbie like me. So I have changed tact a bit.

Have now downloaded Uboat addon - Am i correct in saying that with this I do not need to use patch 1.4?

I am also downloading the following

-Websters Game Fixes Only Mod
-Webster's New Orders Bar Menu for v1.5
-Real Environments #1
-GFO Patch for Real Environments #1

Are there any other "must have" mods to consider whilst I am at it.

Also I keep reading that you have to be in port to install mods, I havent actually started anything yet and I am going to install all these mods from the off (clean install), is this OK?

Just want to get my feet wet now

Cheers

Chub

G2B
04-25-10, 08:55 PM
U-boat brings you to version 1.5 so no other patches are needed.

As far as mods just make sure they are compatible with each other, otherwise you get mod soup, where really weird things can happen :doh:

For installing mods, Yes it is best to be in port, sitting in your office. Again weird things can happen if you install while on patrol.

I imagine you probably have things under control, except that feet getting wet problem, get the crew to find the hole :D

Good Hunting :arrgh!:

Zero Niner
04-25-10, 10:07 PM
You might want to grab Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) which simplifies installing & removing mods.
There's also a version of RSRDC (which I recommend) for "stock" tho' I'm unsure if it's compatible with GFO.
RSRDC doesn't change difficulty, it just reduces the ship traffic to something very similar to actual. Otherwise I find that the stock game has too man ships and I often run out of torps relatively early in the patrol.