PDA

View Full Version : SV4 game breakers.. ever fixed??

flakmonkey
04-19-10, 06:36 AM
Just wondering if any of those major game breaking issues with shiv were ever fixed either with patches or mods?

The biggest annoyance for me was not being able to use time compression, especially with such large areas to traverse to get to patrol zones.
Dropping from any tc over 128x to realtime would seriously screw up the game, giving juddering water and sky animations moving at high speeds, for me this was a real immersion killer and the main reason shiv is no longer on my sys, not to mention the transparent crew, floating heads and missing eyes!

Now id love to try and get back to playing shv but if these havent been sorted out i`ll stick with sh3 and shv.

TH0R
04-19-10, 06:49 AM
- For faster TC near home bases - turn of your radar until you clear the range.
- Juddering water and sky animations can be rest by pressing CTRL+N (resets the weather in patrol). Don't use more than x1024/x1526 TC on patrol. When on patrol area, max x512 TC is recommended.
- Transparent crew happens occasionally, during dense fog but not always. If it bothers you so much, turn off volumetric fog and thus even save a lot of FPS.
- Haven't seen a floating head in SH4 ever since I started playing so I guess it has been fixed, along with missing eyes bug.

tomoose
04-19-10, 07:12 AM
I wasn't aware of the Ctrl-N trick. For my part I always hit 'backspace' first before changing screens and I can't remember the last time I got the jerky water error. I use 5160 TC to cross the 'middle' part of the Pacific but drop TC down to lower when approaching enemy waters.

Ducimus
04-19-10, 10:35 AM
jelly water and clouds moving at super fast speed have been fixed.

Transparent crew is a hardcoded issue, but one simply avoided by enabling volumetric fog, and NOT enabling environmental effects.

Wilcke
04-19-10, 12:49 PM
Non-issues, with RFB, TMO and OM, SH4 will be providing unparalleled sub action for quite some time to come.

Older hardware does yield slower frame rates; but with my new rig I seldom see frame rates less than 80 fps. Everything is smooth and pretty.