PDA

View Full Version : BUG?

LIONPRIDE
04-18-10, 11:25 PM

Considering that there are 50+ pages of bugs - and I have neither the patience nor inclination to sift through them - Is it a bug that my GPU temps top out at 80+C (176F) when playing SH5? Which, BTW, eventually locks my puter in about an hour worth of play time.

not seen in games such as Crysis, Wings of Prey, and Batman AA ... which I run at MAX for many hours.

x2 9600GT nVida cards in Sli

kylania
04-18-10, 11:29 PM
What version of drivers are you using? There was one set that did that to video cards recently.

LIONPRIDE
04-19-10, 12:41 AM

nVidia 197.45 drivers

Kptlt_Lynch
04-19-10, 12:43 AM
New drivers are out now for Nvidia. If you are using the last release they fry vid cards, the fan speeds are dropped.

Update your drivers. If that doesn't help, buy a $15 PCI slot fan and stick it next to your GPU.

Athlonic
04-19-10, 03:27 AM
Also there is a known bug in sub interiors (control room essentialy) that demand too much GPU ressources.
Even my ATI 4870 fans spin up like mad when in the control room.

This should be fixed with the 1.2 patch which will be released TODAY !
or maybe tommorrow
OR sadly the next week ... :D

LIONPRIDE
04-19-10, 03:57 PM
New drivers are out now for Nvidia. If you are using the last release they fry vid cards, the fan speeds are dropped.

Update your drivers. If that doesn't help, buy a $15 PCI slot fan and stick it next to your GPU.

I do, indeed, have the latest for my card. Fans are running at 100% manual.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the patch to address this .

Capt_Sluggo
04-19-10, 08:09 PM
My system is 100% water cooled with precision temp sensors scattered about, so I can see exactly what's going on all the time. Flight Simulator X, running twin monitors and all the graphics options dialed up, actually seems to be more of a pain for the CPU than the video card. Far Cry 2, Bioshock and numerous others put some heat on that VC, driving the video's copper water jacket temp to 38C. But SH4 and 5 have that beat, consistently pushing it up to 41C.

I'd say you need a fan.

ERPP8
04-19-10, 08:25 PM

Considering that there are 50+ pages of bugs - and I have neither the patience nor inclination to sift through them - Is it a bug that my GPU temps top out at 80+C (176F) when playing SH5? Which, BTW, eventually locks my puter in about an hour worth of play time.

not seen in games such as Crysis, Wings of Prey, and Batman AA ... which I run at MAX for many hours.

x2 9600GT nVida cards in Sli

I have one of those and it has low framerate in the command room but no breakdowns. But it does get hot, but I have a laptop.

John Channing
04-20-10, 07:53 AM
It's the soup.

JCC