PDA

View Full Version : WTF ubisoft? Lost my saved games.

Fattysbox
04-18-10, 05:03 PM
Dear ubisoft,

Seriously. WTF.

I mean you can't even allow us to save our own games on our frikin' hard drives.

So when I lose about a month's worth patrol how the F___ will I get my time back? Are you going to compensate me? Another Prince of Persia :roll: offering where the god-forsaken link doesn't work?

Keep your frikin DRM, just let us save of our games so your horse-a$$ serves don't f___ it up for me.

kylania
04-18-10, 05:08 PM
Déjà vu (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167040&highlight=lost+saves)

I'm not quite sure how you lost a month of games though, had you turned off saves them turned them back on? Or had you been playing 1x TC and never logged off?

Fattysbox
04-18-10, 05:15 PM
Saved the game every 10 minutes and I didn't log off. Even the autosave reverted back a month. WTF.

Hairy donkey balls is what this is.

kylania
04-18-10, 05:20 PM
Yeah, every time you connect to Ubisoft it overwrites whatever is on your hard drive with whatever they had on their servers.

Your saves are only ever sent to Ubisoft during a clean exit of the game. So if you crash out of the game or never exit the game or don't allow the launcher to exit cleanly (power outage or something) then whatever you'd saved from that session never makes it to Ubisoft and gets overwritten when you log back in.

You might be able to mitigate this by always using a new save name, but that'll get unwieldy quickly. Or constantly restart your game to refresh the remote saves. Or best yet, turn off synchronize saves entirely (click the little cog icon while logging in).

Athlonic
04-19-10, 07:26 AM
If you look on the good side of things,

We certainly may all restart our carriere over after patching the game to version 1.2

Hope this makes your loss less painfull :03:

Ragtag
04-19-10, 07:50 AM
Turn off online saving by clicking the "star" in the launcher. It's the only way to keep their hands off your saves. Just remember that you can never turn it on again.

SteamWake
04-19-10, 10:23 AM
I'm guessing he means game time months seeing as how the game has only really been out for a couple of months.

But yea turn of the game synch 'feature'.

loerelau
04-19-10, 11:16 AM
Yeah, every time you connect to Ubisoft it overwrites whatever is on your hard drive with whatever they had on their servers.

Really? Doesn't it make more sense if it is the other way around? :hmmm:

SteamWake
04-19-10, 03:12 PM
Heh I got someone elses saved games once thats when I turned the feature off.

Kromus
04-19-10, 03:40 PM
Just remember that you can never turn it on again.

You can turn it on same way as you turned it off

IanC
04-19-10, 05:41 PM
Heh I got someone elses saved games once thats when I turned the feature off.

Ah SH5, the game that's not really yours in so many different ways...