PDA

View Full Version : Is this a staged photo?

Subnuts
04-15-10, 08:14 PM
Something about this photograph doesn't feel right. The starboard engine order telegraph indicates "stop" while the handle is on "E-Maschinen." The depth gauge shows a depth of around six meters, which means the boat is on the surface in this shot.

I can't tell if this picture was staged in port or actually depicts the interior of the control room during diving. Based on the angle shown, it looks like the boat is tilted down by the stern, which would only make sense if the boat was surfacing. But if the boat is almost surfaced, or on the surface, I wonder why the hydroplane operators seem so focused on their "bubbles."

Anybody want to speculate on this, aimlessly or otherwise?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2733/4509439718_9169df622d_o.jpg

Sledgehammer427
04-15-10, 09:48 PM
They also have no beards, their clothes are clean and totally un-dirtied. I think what we have here is a propoganda shot.

Sailor Steve
04-16-10, 01:50 PM
And the angle would be more dependent on the guy holding the camera than anything else.

frau kaleun
04-16-10, 02:22 PM
And the guy in the front needs to do something about those eyebrows.

Randomizer
04-16-10, 02:50 PM
If shot on a training boat there is no reason to assume that there would be beards present. Probably deliberately posed but whether for training or propaganda... who can say?

As for the eyebrows, I believe those shown in the pic was the FkDFWu-34 Mephisto Model-X, worn by werewolf wanna-be's and NCO's that liked to glare at subordinates.

frau kaleun
04-16-10, 03:07 PM
As for the eyebrows, I believe those shown in the pic was the FkDFWu-34 Mephisto Model-X, worn by werewolf wanna-be's and NCO's that liked to glare at subordinates.

:haha:

Buddahaid
04-16-10, 04:28 PM
And the guy in the front needs to do something about those eyebrows.

What's wrong with them and why do young people today think all body hair must be removed, teeth must be blindingly white, and everything must get scented to death? :arrgh!:

frau kaleun
04-16-10, 04:30 PM
What's wrong with them and why do young people today think all body hair must be removed, teeth must be blindingly white, and everything must get scented to death? :arrgh!:

There's nothing wrong with them, I was just being silly.

But it's cute that you think I'm a young person. :O:

krashkart
04-16-10, 06:27 PM
The dude with wolf brows looks a bit like Billy Zane. :hmmm: