PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific-Mini-Series...Blown away...!!

b_molloy
04-03-10, 11:14 PM
I have just watched the first two episodes of "The Pacific", and i must say i am blown away, more so than i was on the first 20 minutes of Saving private Ryan, and Band of Brothers which this will be compared to..but in my way of thinking there is no comparison one can make to the sacrifice that the marines made in those days..42, 43....as in they had several "D"-days under their belt before the 44' d-day in Europe ever happened and many lessons were learned...For sure! And if this Mini series is even the smallest part of reality, those guys are the heroes of the world, for what they endured and the outcome of their actions.
I have read the many books of Steven E. Ambrose of D day and the end of WW2 with the Citizen Soldiers, but i had never seen the view from the East, i.e. the Marine and what they endured and they endured the worst....and this is just after 2 episodes..!! such heroes...

b_molloy
04-03-10, 11:17 PM
Forgive my lack of eloquence but it is late and i was just after watching the second episode and was full of emotion...

Egan
04-04-10, 11:50 AM
I was looking forward to it until I discovered it was only on Sky movies. I pay enough to Sky for the time being so I bought a Blue-ray player today instead and will wait until the series comes out in a box set at Christmas or whenever.

Good to see you enjoyed it. Have heard a lot of good things about it.

mr chris
04-04-10, 12:18 PM
Have already got it programmed to recorded on sky movies HD.:DL

AVGWarhawk
02-11-11, 01:00 PM
I got this series on blue ray for Christmas. I just started watching this week. Obsolutely emotion provoking movie. I watched the first two discs and wanted to keep watching but I had to go to bed eventually! I have Band of Brothers, Letters from Iwo, Saving Private Ryan. All excellent!