PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!

mrfritz44
03-14-10, 10:30 AM
SH5 sucks! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Would have been nice to overlay the new graphics and campaign modes on the old interfaces.

This game is now about as intuitive as a girl to a nerd.

Noren
03-14-10, 10:40 AM
...but it's potentiously making more money for ubisoft this way and thats what counts to them. As long as people buy their product they are satisfied.

But we dont get fooled twice, I hope!!!!
However, there will always be mainstream, arcade players who bring in the dough.

Do you really think the suits at ubisoft cares about the franchise and staying true to an old simulation? - I for one dont think so...

We customers are angry and that should have a saying to that company. Perhaps we should look for the competition? If there are any....

OakGroove
03-14-10, 10:54 AM
Do you really think the suits at ubisoft cares about the franchise and staying true to an old simulation?

No.
What happens to SH is somewhat anolog to what happened to Rainbow Six, or Ghost Recon.

BlackSpot
03-14-10, 11:13 AM
SH5 sucks!

Thank you for that in-depth review. It brought tears to eyes. :yawn:

Apache312
03-14-10, 11:15 AM
Thank you for that in-depth review. It brought tears to eyes. :yawn:
lmao

steve_m
03-14-10, 11:16 AM
But we dont get fooled twice, I hope!!!!
However, there will always be mainstream, arcade players who bring in the dough.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

It's all part of a new business model in which marketeers try to hustle people with seemingly attractive deals. When the company eventually goes bankrupt it's the fault of the economy, the pirates, the Chinese or all of the above.

robbo180265
03-14-10, 11:22 AM
Have you guys actually bought the game and tried it?

I have opinions about the DRM which can be found elsewhere, but with the help of a few mods I am having a hoot playing SHV. I really am enjoying it. Sure there's a few bugs, but I've not come up against gamebreaking bugs yet.

The only thing I do find annoying (besides the Drm) - is the fact that you can't go to silent running if your No 2 is injured. Can't wait till that is modded out.

steve_m
03-14-10, 11:34 AM
Have you guys actually bought the game and tried it?

I have opinions about the DRM which can be found elsewhere, but with the help of a few mods I am having a hoot playing SHV. I really am enjoying it. Sure there's a few bugs, but I've not come up against gamebreaking bugs yet.

The only thing I do find annoying (besides the Drm) - is the fact that you can't go to silent running if your No 2 is injured. Can't wait till that is modded out.

Yes, I did buy the game and played through the tutorial and sank my first ship in the second mission of the campaign. As you say, the game is playable WITH mods. Someone else compared it to buying a car: well, I wouldn't buy a new car at the price of a new car if I would have to get new tires, new sparkplugs and replace the battery before I could drive it. It is the responsability of the producer to test and finish its product before putting it in the market.

And I won't even begin about the DRM, which led to players being unable to play for yet another weekend.

EDIT: none of this really belongs in this thread, I was merely trying to be funny with my dubya-quote ;)

BlackSpot
03-14-10, 11:41 AM
Yes, I did buy the game and played through the tutorial and sank my first ship in the second mission of the campaign. As you say, the game is playable WITH mods. Someone else compared it to buying a car: well, I wouldn't buy a new car at the price of a new car if I would have to get new tires, new sparkplugs and replace the battery before I could drive it. It is the responsability of the producer to test and finish its product before putting it in the market.

And I won't even begin about the DRM, which led to players being unable to play for yet another weekend.

EDIT: none of this really belongs in this thread, I was merely trying to be funny with my dubya-quote ;)

Why do people always compare it to buying a car?
It's nothing like buying a car.

It's more like buying a cheap wristwatch with only 11 hours on it ...

robbo180265
03-14-10, 11:43 AM

I do see your point and it's valid against most games released nowadays, I remember ETW when it was released and the bugs it had. I don't think we are asking too much, when we ask for a finished game for our money at all.

As for highjacking the thread - it's really difficult to know what is ontopic, more QQing about Ubisoft I guess..................

Your Dubya quote wasn't lost to me at all. That vid still makes me smile:DL

Yosarian
03-14-10, 11:57 AM
...but it's potentiously making more money for ubisoft this way and thats what counts to them.
Only one week after release now and the prize here in Germany has already droped down 12€. Two or three month further and we can get it here from the bargain:D

Méo
03-14-10, 11:58 AM
As for highjacking the thread

Seriously, I hope you don't feel guilty !!

It's not like he didn't hijack the forum with something ''Official''. :nope:

Dutch
03-14-10, 12:07 PM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

None of the Bush quotes have anything on what Obama said to a large crowd of Marines.

Not that I have the entire quote but anyone with a brain much less a Harvard Education would know that its Marine Corps, not Marine Corpse, yet that is exactly what he said.

But that is one of my all time favorite Bush quote next to the OBGYN convention where he said Doctor's need love too. Damn Bush was funny and I'm a Bush fan. Obama is just sad.

SabreHawk
03-14-10, 12:36 PM
Must have been a popular saying in North Carolina as well, as I remember it was Gomer Pyle who said that.;)

mrfritz44
03-14-10, 12:51 PM
Stop defending this game on behalf of Ubi. If this piece of crap were released to a business, the business would have legal recourse. It's just another piece of console-esque crap and another example of a publisher ignoring the PC base.

PC gaming is dying. SH5 is another nail in that coffin.

robbo180265
03-14-10, 12:57 PM
Stop defending this game on behalf of Ubi. If this piece of crap were released to a business, the business would have legal recourse. It's just another piece of console-esque crap and another example of a publisher ignoring the PC base.

I'm not "defending" the game. I was just pointing out that I'm actually quite enjoying playing it - sorry if that means I'm not in the "in" crowd.

I also asked whether you had played it?

janh
03-14-10, 01:04 PM
Only one week after release now and the prize here in Germany has already droped down 12€. Two or three month further and we can get it here from the bargain

Sad for Ubisoft Romania. This could have been a real highlight in the series but for one major reason, which I don't even need to mention here for you to know yourself. It probably just induced people to be more careful and much more critical, perhaps so critical that the true quality of the game didn't quite matter anymore.

Little changes to the release strategy, a longer beta testing, and at least an official announcement as to the missing content that so many old loyal customers had been used to with SHIII. Don't fix anything that is not broken, you only can alienate people that are having already specific expectations based on previous many experiences from AOD to SHIV. A button in the setup to switch between old-style SHIII GUI and modern iPhone style GUI would probably have avoided a lot of discussions, too.
And I guess everyone would have been happy to hear that "A mission addon with 43-45, and the types II, IX and XXI will be released 6 months after the last major patch for $19.99", even if it meant that all interiors were generic type VII rooms.

That way old SH fans would have been happy, and new casual gamers could have been attracted the new makeup at the same time.

Noren
03-14-10, 01:13 PM
Come to think of it, I would pay the 20 extra bucks if they only did a proper sorting of the bugs and added the missing features from the old good times.

So far the DRM sucks bigtime. The added value, according to ubisoft, was that one can access saves and play the game on any computer you might have. It was all sale-talk, I dont think that mattered to a single customer!

AVGWarhawk
03-14-10, 01:25 PM
SH5 sucks! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Would have been nice to overlay the new graphics and campaign modes on the old interfaces.

This game is now about as intuitive as a girl to a nerd.

What about nerdy girls to guys?

http://centerstagedanceacademy.net/08-pics/REVENGE-OF-THE-NERDS.gif

robbo180265
03-14-10, 01:25 PM
Sad for Ubisoft Romania. This could have been a real highlight in the series but for one major reason, which I don't even need to mention here for you to know yourself. It probably just induced people to be more careful and much more critical, perhaps so critical that the true quality of the game didn't quite matter anymore.

Little changes to the release strategy, a longer beta testing, and at least an official announcement as to the missing content that so many old loyal customers had been used to with SHIII. Don't fix anything that is not broken, you only can alienate people that are having already specific expectations based on previous many experiences from AOD to SHIV. A button in the setup to switch between old-style SHIII GUI and modern iPhone style GUI would probably have avoided a lot of discussions, too.
And I guess everyone would have been happy to hear that "A mission addon with 43-45, and the types II, IX and XXI will be released 6 months after the last major patch for $19.99", even if it meant that all interiors were generic type VII rooms.

That way old SH fans would have been happy, and new casual gamers could have been attracted the new makeup at the same time.

Quoted for truth.

Exactly how I feel about the whole affair.

Safe-Keeper
03-14-10, 01:52 PM
Thank you for that in-depth review. It brought tears to eyes. :yawn::rotfl2:

EDIT: none of this really belongs in this thread:rotfl2::rotfl2:

What, pray tell, does belong in a thread like this? You dropped in, said "SH5 sux" and hit "Submit post" with a misleading thread title. Not exactly the height of standard.

What about nerdy girls to guys?Okay, now things are looking up:yeah:!

Gilbou
03-14-10, 02:09 PM
PC gaming is dying

:rotfl2:

After you hear that crap for ten years you start to realize
it's a nice wagon of bull popo.

Just go to any gaming convention and competition. You'll
see if it's dying.

:rotfl2:

John Channing
03-14-10, 02:25 PM

Everyone has a right to their opinon here. Even people who you don't agree with.

JCC

Safe-Keeper
03-14-10, 02:26 PM
I thought this thread was about hot girls now:cry:.

coronas
03-14-10, 02:30 PM
What about nerdy girls to guys?

http://centerstagedanceacademy.net/08-pics/REVENGE-OF-THE-NERDS.gif

The Who:
Won´t Get Fooled Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE&feature=related)

:03: