PDA

View Full Version : How will we be informed of any upcoming automatic official patch

pcelt
03-13-10, 04:33 PM
How will we be informed of any upcoming automatic official patch BEFORE it is automatically downloaded into our games .
It is vital that this is done in such a way that we have enough clear warning to remove mods and avoid a game chaos developing.
Is there any clear info on this from Ubisoft please?
Any clarification would be welcomed......

reboot
03-13-10, 04:41 PM
With the first patch, it automatically gave me an option to install now or later. I would assume the next patch would be the same.

Nisgeis
03-13-10, 04:42 PM
It downloads the patch to its system, then it rubs the lotion on.

Ahem... As far as I remember, after the patch has downloaded, you get the option of whether to install it or not. That's for the DVD version. Not sure about the download version - they have the patches farmed out and are created by the online sellers as far as I know.

ShadowWolf Kell
03-13-10, 04:54 PM
For the Steam version of the game, you can go to the properties tab for SH5 and then tell it not to Disable Automatic Updates. That way you have total control over when to patch your game, once the patch is up of course.

I use this with X3 Terran Conflict so it doesn't totally screw up my mods and my game. The only caveat is that you have to ensure that it remains off periodically. With SH4, every time I'd CTD, I'd have to change it again.

Never had that problem with X3, but then again X3 never crashed on me. Not sure about SH5, so I'd advise checking it each time you load the game (just use the Steam browser to launch, and check it there.)

kylania
03-13-10, 05:56 PM
This question has been asked and answered dozens of times. Also your title made it seem as if there was a new patch announcement rather than a duplicate question thread. A ? at the end would have been proper and allowed me to skip this one. :)

Athlonic
03-13-10, 08:41 PM
Where is the new patch ?

:hmmm:

:88)

pcelt
03-14-10, 04:40 AM
Kylania --so abjectly sorry for wasting your time---but the whole point of a thread title (if you want some replies ) is to make it at least "interesting" or "intriguing"----and unlike you I have not come across masses of info re this particular issue wich is certainly an important one .
I thank all those who provided constructive responses.

kylania
03-14-10, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the change! :) :yeah:

Steam has always been a problem, but other versions should be pretty effortless.

Maltro
03-14-10, 06:18 AM
Where is the new patch ?

:hmmm:

:88)

The question is... WHEN the new patch will be out?... :hmmm: