PDA

View Full Version : Mac Users

PortoFerro
03-11-10, 03:33 PM
I did not find any thread regarding Mac (BootCamp) specific infos, so here it is:

I found that I had to remap some keys due to the Aluminum Keyboard's layout. ( Rising attack scope for example )

Graphics settings would be nice info too.
I have a late '08 MBP 15" hooked to a 24" LED Cinema Display with Win7 Ultimate and the 9600M GT runs it not too bad at 1600x1080, at least not as bad as I expected, with everybody claiming Mac GPUs suck...

NOTE: Please not another Mac/PC Flameware, just specific Mac issues, thanks!

Platapus
03-11-10, 04:07 PM
I think these type of posts need to be stickied and moderated to keep only the actionable information. Could you list the changes you made? Thanks for posting this. This is good stuff for the Mac users to know.

Justin Case
03-11-10, 04:58 PM
I did not find any thread regarding Mac (BootCamp) specific infos, so here it is:

I found that I had to remap some keys due to the Aluminum Keyboard's layout. ( Rising attack scope for example )

Graphics settings would be nice info too.
I have a late '08 MBP 15" hooked to a 24" LED Cinema Display with Win7 Ultimate and the 9600M GT runs it not too bad at 1600x1080, at least not as bad as I expected, with everybody claiming Mac GPUs suck...

NOTE: Please not another Mac/PC Flameware, just specific Mac issues, thanks!

I have been playing on a Mac Pro with a 8800GT everything full blast
with no probs at all...I first tried with VmFusion, didnt look good so I went with bootcamp..(Up until I bought a dedicated Win-7 machine, just for games a few days ago..) It was too much of a pain rebooting all the time with my Mac..But SH 5 is so buggy, I bought SH3 loaded it up and I think it beats 4 and 5 hands down !!! :yeah:

PortoFerro
03-11-10, 05:33 PM
My settings so far, still fiddling:

On the Aluminum Keyboard the key above DEL is Fn, so you can only lower the attack scope. I simply mapped the commands to other keys. (up/down and Shift all up/down)
Don't know how to take a screenshot or open console yet.

Graphics: (nvidia ctrlpanel changes)
pre-rendered frames: 1
About the others I'm not sure, I fiddle here and there, could not find any big impacts so far. However I've set all the settings (eg AA) that can be changed from within SH5 to "controlled by 3d app".

One huge improvement for me was using TaskManager to give higher priority to SH5:
Linky: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163977 :up:

After this, frames went up and the event cam no longer slows down overall gameplay when active, yehaa.

Also, disabling Vsync made it run quite faster, shadows off, rest is midrange now. Have to see if I can crank up with the "high setting" from the link above.

Besides, I am using the drivers issued by Apple for Win7 x64.

Mac is ramping up fans to max while playing, but I'm sure it can take it since GPU is underclocked anyway. (It's dead silent usually, well except for when Flash is running :arrgh!:)

@justincase
I think about that too, simply for this game. Just the essential necessary parts, but can't decide on a case. Maybe I case mod a trash can...:cool:
Besides, Win7 is really a nice OS and yes, rebooting sucks... However at least we have the choice.
And after 5 years of PC absence I still find that in order to play games you've got to roll up your arms and tighten bolts here and there, just as it's always been, har har

Justin Case
03-11-10, 07:42 PM
My settings so far, still fiddling:

On the Aluminum Keyboard the key above DEL is Fn, so you can only lower the attack scope. I simply mapped the commands to other keys. (up/down and Shift all up/down)
Don't know how to take a screenshot or open console yet.

Graphics: (nvidia ctrlpanel changes)
pre-rendered frames: 1
About the others I'm not sure, I fiddle here and there, could not find any big impacts so far. However I've set all the settings (eg AA) that can be changed from within SH5 to "controlled by 3d app".

One huge improvement for me was using TaskManager to give higher priority to SH5:
Linky: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163977 :up:

After this, frames went up and the event cam no longer slows down overall gameplay when active, yehaa.

Also, disabling Vsync made it run quite faster, shadows off, rest is midrange now. Have to see if I can crank up with the "high setting" from the link above.

Besides, I am using the drivers issued by Apple for Win7 x64.

Mac is ramping up fans to max while playing, but I'm sure it can take it since GPU is underclocked anyway. (It's dead silent usually, well except for when Flash is running :arrgh!:)

@justincase
I think about that too, simply for this game. Just the essential necessary parts, but can't decide on a case. Maybe I case mod a trash can...:cool:
Besides, Win7 is really a nice OS and yes, rebooting sucks... However at least we have the choice.
And after 5 years of PC absence I still find that in order to play games you've got to roll up your arms and tighten bolts here and there, just as it's always been, har har

:smug::smug:...I have it loaded on a MacBook as well (SH5)..Runs no probs within Bootcamp also...I guess that is the only good thing to say about the DRM scheme.. I have it on three machines and it syncs up to play on any of them...