PDA

View Full Version : Ive tried and tried but keep failing

u-212
03-11-10, 09:49 AM
Ive read all the tutorials and watched several video's on the auto tdc but i still cant get even one torp to hit a target, this game seems well harder than sh4! and very annoying, the only reason i keep playing it is cos i love the look of it and because of the new features!. Its really doing my head in tho why cant i hit anything!:damn: the only kills ive had are with my deck gun.

Conrad von Kaiser
03-11-10, 10:03 AM
I have trouble when the TDC is on. No matter what I do the torpedo's always seem to run aft of my target. Instead I've been using the connect the dots method. Close in shooting is relatively easy with this method. Long range however is not very easy.

If you do the connect the dots method just remember, the numbered dot from the ship's path, must overlap the numbered dot on your torpedo path.

IE if you're mid range and both the dots saying #2 are directly over each other = fire.

As you use it you kind of learn how to lead and what the run times are of the torpedo so you don't necessarily have to be directly on the dot so to speak.

Had a Destroyer doing his best to sink me last night and I couldn't get a proper angle on him. He was always just outside the #2 but inside #3. Kind of halved the distance between them with the firing line and let one go, just barely caught him in the nose lol

Vikinger
03-11-10, 10:20 AM
You can actually fire between the dots also.

If you want to fire when the line is , for an exampel, in the middle of of 2 and 3 dot you need to fire just when his line crosses yours at same point, Between his 2-3 dot also. The dots are there more just as an reference for you. But it would be easier if there was numbers on the line like a ruler.

But iam not sure if that is possible to mod cuz the line is not linier. Its dynamic. It change dependant what speed and direction you and the target have and also what speed you set your torps on.

u-212
03-11-10, 12:00 PM

emtguf
03-11-10, 12:36 PM
The auto TDC is much harder to use than the manual targeting method.
Look at my tutorial for Manual tdc, including making the keyboard shortcuts for some of the info.
I dumped the auto as I never hit anything and since figuring out my method I have yet to miss.
It is very easy to grasp, and use.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164000

SteamWake
03-11-10, 12:56 PM
The auto TDC is much harder to use than the manual targeting method.
Look at my tutorial for Manual tdc, including making the keyboard shortcuts for some of the info.
I dumped the auto as I never hit anything and since figuring out my method I have yet to miss.
It is very easy to grasp, and use.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164000

Supprisingly true... and thanks :rock:

SabreHawk
03-11-10, 01:08 PM
I think this new system of the 1,2,3 dots is just so simple it's going over many of us's head.

We have come to know things in a much more complicated way, that when something simple comes along, that we keep looking for the complex, and fail to see simplicity.

I used this on a lone ship I stmbled on in the training mission on the way back to Kiel, and he was zig zagging so much and the sea fairly rough so I was worried that I'd never hit him. So to make sure I hit him with at least one torp, I used the salvo button, lined up my 3 with his 3, then fired.

All four hit him, and I dont think I've ever seen a ship get so blasted out of the water before.:o I was only expecting one or maybe two to hit.
Hehe, I felt like saying to them oh man sorry, my bad I didnt mean it.:O:

Vikinger
03-11-10, 01:14 PM
You had one of your best days if you managed to hit a target that zig zaged what all the torps :yeah:

Ive stopped to attack targets that zig zag unless iam not very close to them. My hit ratio on thos are about 30:1 :ahoy:

If the target zig zag and are unarmed i surface and put some eggs in him whit my gun instead of waisting Eeels.

I find it much hard now than from sh3-4 to hit a zig zaging target, specially if its a long range shot.

Irichanu
03-11-10, 01:20 PM
Its best to use manual for long range, especially with auto map updates.

Vikinger
03-11-10, 01:27 PM
Its best to use manual for long range, especially with auto map updates.

Yeah ive figured that out how to use manual TDC. Something i never used in sh3-4. But the game is more fun and rewarding when you sink a ship if you have done most of the calculations for your self.
its a YEESSS moment when you hit the target :D

In fact i find the auto tdc to be so much more limited and difficult than the manual tdc now.

Now i just wait for some excellent modder to implant the old tdc :)