PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds?

Crécy
03-10-10, 03:31 PM
So, I was travelling to Kiel with full TC after the tutorial. I was half way through when suddenly camera jumps out of the nav map to cunning tower and there are water everywhere. I was a bit surprised when camera jumps to a view with my sub rammed like two meters inside german merchant's side! :)

mookiemookie
03-10-10, 03:34 PM
Odds are pretty good. I've had to restart a couple of patrols due to ramming into ships in the canal. They have very poor collision avoidance.

Crécy
03-10-10, 03:38 PM
Odds are pretty good. I've had to restart a couple of patrols due to ramming into ships in the canal. They have very poor collision avoidance.

Yeah, but the odd thing was that I was in the open sea :). No land in sight.

Ziggy
03-10-10, 03:40 PM
I've been sunk more by German merchants than the enemy. I like the move they do where they avoid you, then slam into emergency reverse and you get to say NOOOOOO!!!!

SteamWake
03-10-10, 03:53 PM
I wanna know where he got a cunning tower ! ;)

Heretic
03-10-10, 04:43 PM
At 1 TC, your sub and other ships and planes are only moving a few inches or feet between event checks. At high TC, it can be hundreds of feet or even miles. On one check, you can be fine, the next you're crashed or being attacked by something. The higher the TC, the less precision you get. Some situations just require the precision of lower TC. If you're near land or in an area with a lot of traffic or islands or in an area patrolled by enemy air, use lower TC. It'll take longer to get where you're going, but you'll spend less time reloading from your last save.