PDA

View Full Version : Morale?

Hyfrydle
03-09-10, 10:49 AM
Now that we are almost all playing and in some cases enjoying the game. Can anyone give a clear explanation into how the morale system works?

SteamWake
03-09-10, 10:59 AM
Its simple you gain morale for some actions such as a successfull attack or a 'special meal' from the cook :doh:

These morale points can be spent to use sailors special abilities noted as S points...

The problem is to answer your question directly "How does morale work?" well it doesent. Often you loose morale when loading saved games.

I have yet been able to get any of my crew to use their activated special abilitys. :oops:

There are mods that address the issue.

Conrad von Kaiser
03-09-10, 11:36 AM
Well, long patrols will lower the moral. There's the cook special ability, which cooks a meal and restores some Moral. Also the Bosun I think has a passive ability that will reduce the moral lost over the course of a long patrol.

You can keep the moral pretty high with those two abilities, not confirmed but successful ship kills may raise it, I have to test this more before I call it.

Also be aware of the bug, when you load a saved game, crew moral is at zero. You can do the Cooks special every 11 hours or so. I want to say at about month 3 of my patrol I just couldn't keep their moral above 20%.

Hyfrydle
03-09-10, 01:40 PM
I have noticed morale going up after sinking two ships. I was wondering if morale effects the ability of the crew to spot contacts. I seem to have trouble finding contacts with low morale.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Viper114
03-09-10, 02:07 PM
Yeah, when I kill a ship or two, Morale shoots up to 5 dots. Killing things is the best way. The Special Meal and Bosun skills help with morale, too. Also, do general talking to everyone on board, that also raises morale.

SteamWake
03-09-10, 02:21 PM
Yeah, when I kill a ship or two, Morale shoots up to 5 dots. Killing things is the best way. The Special Meal and Bosun skills help with morale, too. Also, do general talking to everyone on board, that also raises morale.

Can you talk to them numorous times? They always have the same conversation choices it seems.

Conrad von Kaiser
03-09-10, 03:02 PM
Can you talk to them numorous times? They always have the same conversation choices it seems.

It changes here and there. I know I spoke to the XO and he complained about being "made fun of" due to his eyepatch and his connections in the BDU. Sonarman gave me some info regarding the "scuttlebutt" around the boat.

Others have options where I can ask them how they feel about the war and being at war with France. Watch officer had some interesting dialogue, considering his wife is in France etc etc. Bosun had some rather deep insight regarding how he thought Germany was nuts thinking the U-Boat fleet could take on and sway the tide in favor against the Royal Navy.

And this is roughly my second patrol. If it keeps developing and changing along these lines I for one will be impressed.