PDA

View Full Version : Ranks wrong?

VacantName
03-09-10, 08:20 AM
I am in the very early stages of my first play-through (Just leaving Kiel after taking command, to be precise) and I've just been looking over my Crew Management page. I've noticed there seems to be a bit of a mixup with the ranks.

Firstly, rank 4 seems to be Obermaat, Funkobergefreiter and Matrosen Gefreiter. Is this right? It doesn't seem it...

More worryingly, my Watch Officer (Dieter Epp), Cook (Olaf Hacklander), Bosun (Herbert Heine) and Navigator (Emil Dubler) all bear the rank of Kapitan zur See. Given that both I and my XO are mere Oberleutnants, it seems the 2 most senior officers on the boat are outranked by the cook. How can this be possible?

Dowly
03-09-10, 08:20 AM
Noticed the same thing. :timeout:

shavies
03-09-10, 09:03 AM
I noticed this as well. It seemed to sort itself out for me after a couple of missions.

BaronVonDuncs
03-09-10, 11:18 AM

More worryingly..., Cook (Olaf Hacklander), all bear the rank of Kapitan zur See. Given that both I and my XO are mere Oberleutnants, it seems the 2 most senior officers on the boat are outranked by the cook. How can this be possible?

maybe he is Steven Seagal and an ex Special Forces hardass who is serving out his time to get his pension:D

Vanagen
03-11-10, 10:20 PM
Any update on this?

My entire crew is also Kapitan zur See...

:shucks:

Sunfighter
03-11-10, 10:57 PM
The Irony of all this is right now at least with the morale bug, the cook IS the most important man on that ship.

Jester_UK
02-10-11, 08:20 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've just noticed this in my game.

Even tried restarting my campaign to see if that sorted it out (guess I should have used the search function here first!!!!!! :oops: )

Does this sort itself out or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

THE_MASK
02-10-11, 11:00 PM
Its all in here
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData\Ranks
Its all tied in with points and morale and leadership and other stuff . I just ignore the ranks .

Jester_UK
02-11-11, 08:19 AM
Thanks Sober. I found the files, but being a complete idiot when it comes to modding. editing I have no idea what to do with them.

Any chance you could give me a step by step guide to getting the ranks straight?