PDA

View Full Version : Ship bobbing like a rubber ducky

Lonectzn
03-09-10, 02:02 AM
Is this realistic? Even in quiet water, even sitting still in the pen, the sub is rocking up and down and side to side like crazy.

It feels much stronger than in SHIII. It has a significant impact on manual targeting for me, though admittedly it makes little difference since I won't really be playing until many of the outstanding issues are fixed.

Schunken
03-09-10, 02:08 AM
Hmmm.... nearly all of us complain that the sub is much to stable in the water, the term "sub on rails" is quite common here....

Its even exist mods for make the sub more "rocking"....

In the realism menu you can use "stabilizing" for your periscope view. Maybe you was use this in Sh3 and now not?

Andreas

jazman
03-09-10, 02:08 AM
Is this realistic? Even in quiet water, even sitting still in the pen, the sub is rocking up and down and side to side like crazy.

It feels much stronger than in SHIII. It has a significant impact on manual targeting for me, though admittedly it makes little difference since I won't really be playing until many of the outstanding issues are fixed.

Rubber ducky? Heh, my thought was "like a cork."

HanSolo78
03-09-10, 02:15 AM
I already made a mod to delete this "swimming cork feature" in the Sh5 mod workshop. Have a look at "Improved Atlantic Waves" ;)

Lonectzn
03-11-10, 05:50 AM
In SH3 I played with stabilisation off, using GWX. Perhaps SH3 was actually less realistic and I was just used to that. Or it's just rocking in the wrong way and this is putting me off.

I'll try out the mods and see how it goes.

I went for ducky because everyone says cork ;)

V.C. Sniper
03-11-10, 06:50 AM
this game has no simulated buoyancy, only preanimated up and down motions to be played over and over again

ur sub bobs up and down like this: -_-_-_-

instead of like this: /-\_/-\_