PDA

View Full Version : Does F5 work for you guys ?

Sanuck
03-08-10, 07:47 AM
I asked about unmanning the deck gun
some one replied ask the WO in dialoge or use F5
F5 does nothing for me and no unman in dialoge

is it just me or ?
Also is there a show frame rate key

Thanks in advance

Dowly
03-08-10, 07:57 AM
Press F1 to show the key layout (if you dont use any key command mods).

Sanuck
03-08-10, 08:02 AM
Thanks Dowly
F1 works fine F5 does nothing ?
cant un man deck guns without diving

I want to Know if others have the same problem ?

Dowly
03-08-10, 08:07 AM
Thanks Dowly
F1 works fine F5 does nothing ?
cant un man deck guns without diving

I want to Know if others have the same problem ?

Does your watch officer have moral points? Manning and securing flak/deck gun takes one moral point. :doh:

Sanuck
03-08-10, 08:16 AM
Does your watch officer have moral points? Manning and securing flak/deck gun takes one moral point. :doh:

dont know
ill try to find out
if he doesnt how does he get some ?

thanks

Dowly
03-08-10, 08:20 AM
dont know
ill try to find out
if he doesnt how does he get some ?

thanks

You can see if he has moral left by either going to the crew screen or talking to him (there's yellow and grey balls near the top right edge of the window). If there's no yellow balls, he has no moral left.

To get morale points, either chit-chat with him (can only be done once per patrol), sink ships or if you have the special meal ability for the cook use that.

Ali Fish
03-08-10, 08:55 AM
so u can man the guns, but u cant un man the guns. and to allow you to unman the guns you have to do somthing to allow the WO to speak to a crew member ? but to get around this i can just dive the sub. Is this what they call gameplay ?

ive seen better gameplay in a text adventure 20 years ago.

longam
03-08-10, 09:12 AM
so u can man the guns, but u cant un man the guns. and to allow you to unman the guns you have to do somthing to allow the WO to speak to a crew member ? but to get around this i can just dive the sub. Is this what they call gameplay ?

ive seen better gameplay in a text adventure 20 years ago.

You can man and unman the deck gun using F5, it has a delay. Press it once and wait. I guess this is to simulate the time it takes someone to get there. I'm not sure about the moral points Dowly was talking about, but that would explain why it didn't work for me the first patrol. :03:

Once manned use the binoculars to spot the target. When the cross hairs turn red press the space bar and the crew will start firing on that target.

seaniam81
03-08-10, 09:34 AM
There is a mod out there to make all commands work no matter the moral of the crew. Seems kinda silly and un-disciplined that the crew wont work if the moral is low. I think they call that a mutiny. And all mutineers need to be hanged.

B_O_L_T
03-08-10, 10:26 AM
You require morale to man and to unman flack and deck guns, either using f5 or talking to the wo. However, there are two mods that fix it, my own that also reduces the bonuses from the crews trainable abilities so they are not so superhuman and another that completely removes all morale costs.

Sanuck
03-08-10, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys
ill try it when i can log on (servers down) again
yet another afternoon wasted

:damn:

FIREWALL
03-08-10, 11:08 AM
Eventually some Modder is going to show how to edit WO's moral points to stop this. :yep:

Piggy
03-08-10, 01:53 PM
Wow.. .so thats why I couldnt man my deck or call man battle stations... low morale...

What a FUBAR design flaw that is. They at least should always perform the actions they're ordered too, low morale should have just made them take longer and or be less accurate. This is a naval vessel, not a democracy. The "Im too depressed to do my duty thing" doesnt fly...:har:

Shootist
03-08-10, 05:39 PM
This is just another example of a huge waste of time developing this game. Who gives a **** about morale? Time would have been better spent on a working sim.

IRISH4Life
03-11-10, 06:35 PM
Oh come on this is goofy. I wish I was a modder there is a bunch of stuff I would change. Problem is I am not. I can crank out the artwork and graphics but no computer programming for me.

F5 doesnt work for me either. I agree that this isnt a democracy on board the boat. They do what they are told and when they are told. I can't control how bad they are at the task but at least they are doing it. So I asked the watch officer to man the deck gun . He yelled it and nothing happened 3 more times I asked for that to happen with no response. So it isnt a delay thing. As for morale I am on my first mission and I talk to everyone and ask how their brother and wives are doing. EVEN THOUGH we have been at sea, and we havent been resupplied ( thats where the letters and stuff would come from thus they would find out how their wife was doing). So why do I have to ask them if they dont even know. UGH.

How do I get them to man the deck gun? How can I use the deck gun, I like to shoot then big cannon too, once in a while.

As for a gramaphone where is that thing? how do I get my radio man to play it?

I see the potential in the game, great graphics,and almost a clean slate for modders to make it what we all want. Why would the designers put a bunch of work into stuff if we are all just going to change it anyway.

I just added the new dials, AWESOME BY THE way sort of makes me feel back at home. clicking on the compass sort of thing instead of changing by one degree here and there.

IRISH4life.