PDA

View Full Version : Surface contacts while submerged, no sound contacts

Ipecac
03-07-10, 04:25 PM
Hi there,

I think I might be experiencing a bug of some kind.

When I'm submerged, below periscope depth, I keep getting "Smoke sighted" and other visual sights. Also, I don't get any sound contacts from the sound guy, even when I'm being shelled by the task force that I didn't hear coming.

Anyone know what this is about?

Kapitanleutnant
03-07-10, 04:27 PM
Anyone know what this is about?

Yes - you've bought a broken piece of ****. Congratulations!! :woot:

(There's a bug which sets crew morale to zero so they can't perform even the most basic functions like operating the sensors)

Ipecac
03-07-10, 04:34 PM
Has anyone else had this particular problem?

Kapitanleutnant
03-07-10, 04:38 PM
Yes, I've seen it reported on a few forums. You could probably find a thread mentioning it here if you used the search function.
There's a mod here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163091) which removes the broke-ass morale system entirely. That'll fix your problem.

Enjoy your game.

Jeevz
03-07-10, 04:47 PM
I've had it happen, it's not a morale issue. It's like the sub never switches from surface mode to submerged mode. Your deck watch (even if they are not visibly outside) call contacts as if you were surfaced, like they see smoke on the horizon and they call out "ship sighted". I've even had them engage with the deck gun while I was at periscope depth (they manned the gun when I ordered battlestations).

Imagine my surprise when looking though the scope setting up a shot and the deck gun starts engaging.

vonce1
03-07-10, 05:03 PM
apparently a game bugs... I for change received some radio messages while deep submerged :)