PDA

View Full Version : Simple question: how do you steer the ship?

tyrspawn
03-04-10, 02:27 PM
Just got SH5... have a very simple question, how do you manually steer the ship? I don't see anyway of doing this, other than plotting a course automatically. Like in SH3... how you could set a bearing for the ship to turn to... is this even possible anymore?

SteamWake
03-04-10, 02:31 PM
Belive it or not...

Either press the right or left arrow keys ( in 1 degree incraments ) or shift left right arrow for full rudder.

Bizzare aint it.

Wait till you try to figure out how to return to a previously plotted course. ;)

mookiemookie
03-04-10, 02:32 PM
Here's a quick and dirty mod to add the compass back to the game. It's tiny but it's all we have for right now.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163077

MAXLD
03-04-10, 02:37 PM
Belive it or not...

Either press the right or left arrow keys ( in 1 degree incraments ) or shift left right arrow for full rudder.

Bizzare aint it.

Maybe you can order all the sailors to pick up some oars and go to one side of the deck...... Oh forget it, they'll probably have no morale to row.

tyrspawn
03-04-10, 02:41 PM
How could this be left out of the game? >_<

This is a major deterrent to me playing, as my personal gameplay style involves a great deal of manual corrections, and the 1 degree corrections is absurd. You have no idea how frustrated I was trying to sink the merchants in the beginning of the campaign.

I'm glad someone is working on a mod, i'll wait a couple weeks for something more refined to come out then probably give the game another crack.