PDA

View Full Version : Completly and utterly horrified

muppet
03-04-10, 12:32 AM
Its been about 2 years since i posted these forums but i have to say a few words about this game.First off i have been playing ever since sh3 so i know a little about these games.

Here goes........... Mostly everyone who had anything to do with this game at ubisoft should hang there heads in shame,This is in almost every way except for the sub model and the water a horrible,horrible mess,I really cant believe that it was released in its current state.Hardly anything works as it should.............I was standing on deck and the damn sub dove with me still outside,could not open the hatch to get back in ,could not use any guns to fire on a merchant ship so had to ram the damn thing out of frustration.Crew dont respond to orders to man the guns.I am so fed up i am going to stop this rant right now,Pissed,What a waste of money i was on 2 minds about getting it and now i am sorry for it,Got hooked looking at the eye candy screenshots.

I can say one thing for sure thats the last cent ubi ever makes off me.I hope they suffer for this one because they deserve nothing more.The game is not worth the disk its printed on.

sergei
03-04-10, 12:39 AM
Wow muppet, I remember some of your posts from way back.

You really feel this pissed off about this?

Darkreaver1980
03-04-10, 12:43 AM
How about more infos? why dont you like it?

for me SH 5 is the best SH game, i already deleted SH 3 + GWX. i dont think i will ever play SH 3+4 again. SH 5 has a much better base to mod on

Steeltrap
03-04-10, 12:50 AM
How about more infos? why dont you like it?

for me SH 5 is the best SH game, i already deleted SH 3 + GWX. i dont think i will ever play SH 3+4 again. SH 5 has a much better base to mod on

Just curious: have you much experience at modding? I don't know, which is why I ask. If not, I am assuming you're assuming others will clean up any mess, free of charge.

I find it curious how many people pass off all sorts of things with "the modders will fix it", as if that absolves Ubi and the Devs for any responsibility for what people have bought and can play right now.

I think if I were a modder, I'd start charging for my mods. Why not, when so many are prepared to say "Hell, we paid Ubi $50 for this, but it'll be OK once the modders fix it all FOR FREE"?

Cheers

Herr Graf
03-04-10, 12:56 AM
Just curious: have you much experience at modding? I don't know, which is why I ask. If not, I am assuming you're assuming others will clean up any mess, free of charge.

I find it curious how many people pass off all sorts of things with "the modders will fix it", as if that absolves Ubi and the Devs for any responsibility for what people have bought and can play right now.

I think if I were a modder, I'd start charging for my mods. Why not, when so many are prepared to say "Hell, we paid Ubi $50 for this, but it'll be OK once the modders fix it all FOR FREE"?

Cheers

Agreed.
It does seem rather presumptuous to assume the modders will fix everything (still hoping they do).
I would pay for super mods like GWX for SH5 be sure.

muppet
03-04-10, 01:01 AM
Guys i have to say yes i am really dissapointed to say the least.Hardly anything works..........I expected some minor bugs but this is retarded.
Most of the icons are gone for performing essential commands.I ask the watch officer to man the deck or flak guns no one shows up....and that end dialog thing when talking to someone is pointless and a pain.When damage occurs it is fixed almost as fast as it was posted ,Then the next shot you take your on the bottom of the sea.When looking through the periscope at a ship i have no idea how close it is ....where did range finder go?The only way i know how to steer the ship is to be on the deck and look where i want to go and press the period key or the arrow keys which turns the sub one degree at a time.Why are the rudder controls gone?I have to go inside the sub to dive but my crew are ok with drowning?

I have been watching and reading everything about this game for awhile now and could'nt wait for it ........what a kick in the guts.Whoever is in charge at ubi for giving the thumbs on this game to be released in this condition should be fired.

Captain muppet has gone down with the ship.:down:

sergei
03-04-10, 01:04 AM
OK fair enough muppet.
Thanks for your response.
I admit I am struggling to like it myself.

Florent
03-04-10, 03:33 AM
It seems that many things working for many people don't work for others.
Did you read the manual ?:D
Is the manual badly written ?:hmmm:
I play Subsims since Silent Service in 1987, and i know that the game will be different. The old habits or abstraction will no longer be there.
It's perhaps too early but i think i will like it a lot since it will have plenty of feature i would have like 23 years ago.

Yorktown_Class
03-04-10, 03:37 AM
im so glad i didn't jump on the buy now bandwagon,I guess I will be sticking to SH3 and 4 for the near future..

Silverfox18
03-04-10, 04:11 AM
I completely DITTO Muppet's remarks...I cannot believe I could not do some of the most simple tasks! Crew commands are non-existent at the moment and the patch that has been offered does not work with my version, whatever the heck version I have (digital download). Need something (patch) fast or this icon (SHV) will sit on my desktop for a long time and not be used. Why do games like this, with great expectations, always seem to have to be modded and patched to death? Maybe, the beta testers need to be changed.
Either that or be put up against a wall and shot! LOL!

Mahalo...

goldorak
03-04-10, 04:19 AM

Cheers

Absolutely. The modders ARE NOT PAID to fix Ubisoft's screwup.
Making a mod is like making freeware airplanes for FS, etc... Its a labor of love for the game etc... Nothing is due, everything that comes your way is a plus. But you cannot expect people to put their free time and energy to fix something that a commercial entity (Ubsisoft and the devs) should have fixed before release to the paying public. If you think otherwise well your priorities are all screwed up.

sav112
03-04-10, 04:26 AM
I think I’ll get ShIII out and installed with all the mods when I get my new machine later in the year. This looks a waste of space.

I’d use “extreme speed” to take it back to the shops.

I’m just reading the many posts with all the problems and shaking my head. :nope:

SHV - I'll give it a miss then. :down:

THe modders should leave SHV alone and keep on with SHIII and IV.

piri_reis
03-04-10, 04:27 AM
Sadly I agree with the feelings here. The game is designed so poorly, with so little functionality, I'm wondering if they played it at all during development. Nobody can think of getting through the war with this interface where you can't order your crew, steer your sub, attack shipping, in a logical manner. Plus it's full of bugs and so unfinished...

Gonna need a lot of time and work to make it decent..

cunnutazzo
03-04-10, 04:36 AM
I like SH5, it is better than SH3 and SH4 just released, this new version has a lot of potential, good for modders. If the game has no bugs the people say "there is no space for modders!", if the game need to be patched "we aren't beta tester!"
I think that SH5 has a completely new concept and a more functional interface, in my opinion, it is not arcadish. SH3 was affected by Starforce and no more patches after a short time, today the people say that SH3 is the best subsim in the world (after the modders), SH4 the same thing. Today SH3 with GWX is the best uboot sim, notwithstanding a mission requires about 3 hours to load, it is very heavy, like a boulder (but it is perfect).
Please guys, keep up the good work! :salute:

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 05:18 AM
Need something (patch) fast or this icon (SHV) will sit on my desktop for a long time and not be used.
For UBI it's already with no importance if you will use that icon or your desktop or not. What matters to them is that you've already bought it. Only that matters.

Therion_Prime
03-04-10, 07:03 AM
.When looking through the periscope at a ship i have no idea how close it is ....where did range finder go?The only way i know how to steer the ship is to be on the deck and look where i want to go and press the period key or the arrow keys which turns the sub one degree at a time.Why are the rudder controls gone?

But you DO know thet there is a turn to my heading key? No? Press F1 and you'll see to which key it's bound to. Works like a charm and lets you move exactly where you want. If you want to turn to a heading, simply use "turn hard port/starboard" (yes, press F1 again to see the key combination!) and "rudder amidships" (F1) and use the compass in the control room.

Not reading the manual and then complaining ..... :damn:

sav112
03-04-10, 02:15 PM
I think that SH5 has a completely new concept :salute:

Aye put out a half arsed game and let the community fix it and mould it!

I’ve not played it but spent time there reading again and again how very poor this game is and some of the stuff is embarrassing. I waiting on reading it’s got full worp drive….or extreme mega dive button.

What ever happened to authenticity to WW2 U-boats? They go and model the inside and let themselves and we down buy coming up with Apps to work the sub. I want rusting leavers, authentic dials and certainly Commands.

Does it have a gramophone or is there just an i-pod stuck in as it look clean and works.

Nafod81
03-04-10, 03:07 PM
It might just be me, but the game seems to auto-update whenever I launch and connect to Uplay.....

I'm not sure what all the commotion about patches for various "versions" is about.

Nordmann
03-04-10, 03:12 PM
It might just be me, but the game seems to auto-update whenever I launch and connect to Uplay.....

I'm not sure what all the commotion about patches for various "versions" is about.

Oh, it's not an update, it's spyware designed to spy on your gaming activities!

Charlie901
03-04-10, 03:13 PM
guys i have to say yes i am really dissapointed to say the least.hardly anything works..........i expected some minor bugs but this is retarded.
Most of the icons are gone for performing essential commands.i ask the watch officer to man the deck or flak guns no one shows up....and that end dialog thing when talking to someone is pointless and a pain.when damage occurs it is fixed almost as fast as it was posted ,then the next shot you take your on the bottom of the sea.when looking through the periscope at a ship i have no idea how close it is ....where did range finder go?the only way i know how to steer the ship is to be on the deck and look where i want to go and press the period key or the arrow keys which turns the sub one degree at a time.why are the rudder controls gone?i have to go inside the sub to dive but my crew are ok with drowning?

I have been watching and reading everything about this game for awhile now and could'nt wait for it ........what a kick in the guts.whoever is in charge at ubi for giving the thumbs on this game to be released in this condition should be fired.

Captain muppet has gone down with the ship.:down:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said!

Task Force
03-04-10, 03:15 PM
Hmm. So SH5 got alittle more of the SH release bugs than past ones...

That sucks, Guess Im not getting it for even longer...

Charlie901
03-04-10, 03:15 PM
But you DO know thet there is a turn to my heading key? No? Press F1 and you'll see to which key it's bound to. Works like a charm and lets you move exactly where you want. If you want to turn to a heading, simply use "turn hard port/starboard" (yes, press F1 again to see the key combination!) and "rudder amidships" (F1) and use the compass in the control room.

Could you please explain to me how to do this when submerged, Eienstein...???

John Channing
03-04-10, 03:23 PM

Easy on the insults...

Iron Budokan
03-04-10, 03:23 PM
What ever happened to authenticity to WW2 U-boats?

Well, according to the majority of the angry posters so far I'm afraid that went by the wayside in lieu of arcade, RPG and other fantasy elements. :cry:

caymanlee
03-04-10, 04:16 PM
damn, bad news. I'm just start downloading it. this is rare , so many dissatisfactions on A new release SH can't wait to play it

Nafod81
03-04-10, 04:30 PM
Oh, it's not an update, it's spyware designed to spy on your gaming activities!

One: I doubt it.

Two: So they're spying on me playing a game they produced...meh.

Hartmann
03-04-10, 07:02 PM
Agreed.
It does seem rather presumptuous to assume the modders will fix everything (still hoping they do).
I would pay for super mods like GWX for SH5 be sure.

it will take one year or more, assuming that it could be done.

mobucks
03-04-10, 09:26 PM
If you want to turn to a heading, simply use "turn hard port/starboard" (yes, press F1 again to see the key combination!) and "rudder amidships" (F1) and use the compass in the control room.

Simple as opposed to having a compass right there in the UI and clicking it once?

Sorry im bitter i can't get through ten minutes of the game without turning it off.

brett25
03-04-10, 09:34 PM
Got hooked looking at the eye candy

:salute:

Bubblehead1980
03-04-10, 09:40 PM

Cheers

Great point, UBI should not release an unfinished product depends on modders to improve the work like in SH 4.

Seafireliv
03-04-10, 09:45 PM
I just dunno. You guys knew it might be buggy which is acceptable, hoping for a patch, but you bought it buggy AND with the 24\7 DRM. So you`re chained too. You can`t even sell to someone else.

When will you guys figure that you get this because UBI can see that you guys keep falling for it. If you don`t demonstrate by not buying, NOTHING will ever improve.

But sure, you`ll bitch and whine, but when SH6 is due for release with an even more stringent DRM and more bugs you`ll still buy.

That`s all UBI needs. They pocket the extra cash and laugh all the way to the bank.

BlackSpot
03-04-10, 09:51 PM
Give it rest

Overboard
03-04-10, 09:52 PM
I just dunno. You guys knew it might be buggy which is acceptable, hoping for a patch, but you bought it buggy AND with the 24\7 DRM. So you`re chained too. You can`t even sell to someone else.

When will you guys figure that you get this because UBI can see that you guys keep falling for it. If you don`t demonstrate by not buying, NOTHING will ever improve.

But sure, you`ll bitch and whine, but when SH6 is due for release with an even more stringent DRM and more bugs you`ll still buy.

That`s all UBI needs. They pocket the extra cash and laugh all the way to the bank.

OMG!! your so right, "Its sad but the truth". One can wish in one hand and crap in the other then see whitch one fills up faster.

Ships-R-Us
03-04-10, 10:31 PM
Ubisoft needs cash flow and released SH5.

Aside from the "Realism" geeks, and the "hardcome subsimmers" represented at Subsim.com, which maybe represents 10% of Ubisofts sales.....

90% of Ubisofts sales are a new smash hit amongst all the moms, dads, and kids worldwide, as they all get "immersed" in their own "realistic" world of family activity together.

I'm going to run next door and play with that family rather than listen to the kids whine at Subsim.

Reminds me of the selfish bitc..... that threw back the engagement ring because it wasn't big enough.

Therion_Prime
03-05-10, 02:50 AM

Just look in the direction you want the sub to turn and press "course to view". No Periscope/Binocular/UZO view needed.

Btw. it's spelled Einstein.
Yeah, I'm quite clever, thanks.