PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft stock at lows

rss0900
03-03-10, 10:20 PM
Their stock is at all time lows, logically you would say they would want to increase sales by realising quality software??? Maybe they had to rush this out the door in order to try to increase profits for the next quarters reporting so the stock does not continue to drop.

malkuth74
03-03-10, 10:23 PM
I highly doubt such a ninch product would help stocks.

Maybe if they stop with the garbage DRM stuff they keep trying they would do better.

But i'm sure all the top hats in UBI think its the Pirates fault.:arrgh!:

corvette k225
03-03-10, 10:58 PM
Can you buy Put's on it?:hmmm:

Webster
03-03-10, 11:09 PM
anyone who buys stock in any company understands the stock value has very little to do with the actual company.

sure the long term viability of the company being in buisness is to be taken into account but lots of companies drowning in debt have high stock prices while companies making lots of money have stocks worth almost nothing.

FIREWALL
03-03-10, 11:17 PM
anyone who buys stock in any company understands the stock value has very little to do with the actual company.

sure the long term viability of the company being in buisness is to be taken into account but lots of companies drowning in debt have high stock prices while companies making lots of money have stocks worth almost nothing.

If that's the case then UBI stockholders aren't to bright either. :har::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::har:

Zachstar
03-03-10, 11:22 PM
SH5 isn't what is going to harm Ubisoft's financials. It's going to be the DRM on the other games like Assassins Creed that drives customers away in droves.

For the record due to the audacity of pirates I support DRM these days. But I thought Ubisoft learned from the days of Starforce that THIS isnt the way! Quiet effective DRM like STEAM or Securom or whatever is the way to go.

gutted
03-03-10, 11:30 PM
steam only games are pirated as well.

Zachstar
03-03-10, 11:59 PM
steam only games are pirated as well.

Yes they are. However, It tends to be very difficult I hear. Havnt seen any pirated versions of Half Life 2 myself. Tho then again sane pricing and bundles have helped reduce piracy in this regard.

Ubisoft is going to take a real financial beating from this insane DRM tho in my opinion. DRM cant be that in your face. Even steam has a good offline function.

Herr Graf
03-04-10, 12:24 AM
I would bet the major source of UBI revenue is from console titles.
Seen the PC section in game stores these days?

Assassins creed 2 for the 360 has uplay on it and that game was released some time ago.

Where was all of the DRM rage for that?

Why SH series have yet to make it to the console market yet surprises me.

Wraithe
03-04-10, 12:46 AM
Problem with the pc is that we are nowadays even more lazy that console gamers when it comes to our games. The number of people who are expecting download games is just going up and up and the retail games are dropping. This will happen to consoles too in some years, people will demand games on demand over the Internet. I guess one issue with this of publishers like ubicrap is that they can't sell batches of games to a retail outlet, instead they have to sell the exact amount of copies that get sold.