PDA

View Full Version : Attn Devs ,Wont buy SH5 until these are fixed

THE_MASK
03-03-10, 05:00 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1290924&postcount=36

drewsbu
03-03-10, 05:04 PM
was there not beta testers for this game? I think whoever is calling the shots over there at ubi (big wigs) needs to get canned. Looks like they are pushing their devs to push these games out, while trying to save a buck or two.

Noren
03-03-10, 05:08 PM
Ask at the forums at ubisoft, I bet we wont get an answer though.

They quality we have to accept and pay for is pitiful. I guess the average arcadish player wont mind too much about the bugs and thats where the income lies to ubisoft.

Im holding on to my decision not to buy it, given the bad reception so far.

Jimbuna
03-03-10, 05:08 PM
Beta testers were employed from Romania afaik....that list is a tad disappointing and a little worrying.

Tis early days though and patches will hopefully be forthcoming.

oscar19681
03-03-10, 05:18 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1290924&postcount=36

http://www.endsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Angry-Crowd.jpg

I think this guy is serious! But hey can you blame him! Subsimmer unite!

Nisgeis
03-03-10, 05:33 PM
That's wicked... a thread that has solely as its OP a thread that has already been posted in another thread! Kewl! But, I'm confused... why shouldn't I just be reading that thread? I don't want to upset some sort of balance or anything... :yeah:.

Er, should I post a new thread that points to this thread, you know, to get some answers as to whether I should post a new thread or not or would that be cyclical? Or is this OK? Gosh, I'm confused.

Iron Budokan
03-03-10, 05:48 PM
was there not beta testers for this game?

Yes. They are called "customers" by UBI.

FIREWALL
03-03-10, 06:02 PM
The bottom line is no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy it.

I broke down and bought it only because I could get it at BestBuy days before preorder release day and laugh. :haha:

Simple as that. :yep:

cherbert
03-03-10, 06:02 PM
I am being a little controvesial here but I feel maybe we are giving the devs too easy a ride here. They love the fact we have been groomed to vent our frustration out at UBI and not them.

Have we considered that UBI aren't to blame here but the devs in Romania are? I mean everytime a Silent Hunter game comes out it seems underneath all the gloss lies stock SH3 complete with existing bugs that were fixed (either by modders or the devs) yet re-materialise again and again.

I am finding it hard to defend this game when problem after problem is being reported in the bug stickies.

The game truly looks great and has huge potential.

I am somewhat annoyed that the devs do read these forums and often post - but never engage with us regarding bugs and upcoming patches. I really don't see the problem in them doing that - the fact they aren't at the moment is starting to make me want to vent my frustration in their direction for a change and not UBI head office.

If any devs are reading this then please please give us some indication that you have some miracle patch coming soon thats going to address a lot of the problems. It seems the 1.0.1 patch was quite feeble considering everything that needs fixing. I am truly amazed that so many big issues are left unresolved when the games goes gold and still not resolved in their first patch.

So - yes! I am starting to think the devs are to blame. Don't give me all this time constraints and being forced to rush it - I mean, really, how long does it take to provide a depth under keel option? Surely the hours and hours they spent testing the game did they not once get annoyed by the dancing crew when talking to them?

Simple stuff yet causes such annoyance by the sub community.

Please devs - communicate!

FIREWALL
03-03-10, 06:07 PM
I am being a little controvesial here but I feel maybe we are giving the devs too easy a ride here. They love the fact we have been groomed to vent our frustration out at UBI and not them.

Have we considered that UBI aren't to blame here but the devs in Romania are? I mean everytime a Silent Hunter game comes out it seems underneath all the gloss lies stock SH3 complete with existing bugs that were fixed (either by modders or the devs) yet re-materialise again and again.

I am finding it hard to defend this game when problem after problem is being reported in the bug stickies.

The game truly looks great and has huge potential.

I am somewhat annoyed that the devs do read these forums and often post - but never engage with us regarding bugs and upcoming patches. I really don't see the problem in them doing that - the fact they aren't at the moment is starting to make me want to vent my frustration in their direction for a change and not UBI head office.

If any devs are reading this then please please give us some indication that you have some miracle patch coming soon thats going to address a lot of the problems. It seems the 1.0.1 patch was quite feeble considering everything that needs fixing. I am truly amazed that so many big issues are left unresolved when the games goes gold and still not resolved in their first patch.

So - yes! I am starting to think the devs are to blame. Don't give me all this time constraints and being forced to rush it - I mean, really, how long does it take to provide a depth under keel option? Surely they hours and hours they spent testing the game did they not once get annoyed by the dancing crew when talking to them?

Simple stuff yet causes such annoyance by the sub community.

Please devs - give us some hope.

Sorry but... are you out of touch with reality ?

The Devs don't own Ubisoft they get paid to do a job as Ubisoft instructs them too. Or don't get paid and fired.

And what ? For You ? :har: Or this website for that matter ?

grilldor
03-03-10, 06:08 PM
Today SH5 wont let me play more than 5 seconds at a time. Every 5 seconds, the game locks up, the sound loops and 1 minute later it fades out, then back in for 5 seconds and locks up, etc, etc...

I want my money back!!

cherbert
03-03-10, 06:09 PM
Sorry but... are you out of touch with reality ?

The Devs don't own Ubisoft they get paid to do a job as Ubisoft instructs them too. Or don't get paid and fired.

And what ? For You ? :har: Or this website for that matter ?

And what might I ask does that response mean? And what relevance is it to what I said?

FIREWALL
03-03-10, 06:17 PM
And what might I ask does that response mean? And what relevance is it to what I said?

The Devs don't have a say in anything. They do what Ubisoft says.

Is that simple enough for you. :DL

I also have no doubts the Devs are limited on what they can respond to us by a Ubisoft edict.

cherbert
03-03-10, 06:23 PM

I don't recall saying that they do have a say in anything? But you surely aren't suggesting that UBISOFT dictate the technicalities of the game code are you?

So you think UBISOFT designed the game not Romania? You think UBISOFT told them to leave out a Depth Under Keel button? You think UBISOFT told them to make the crew do the twist when you have a conversation with them? You think UBISOFT told the devs to break the Hydrophone in the first patch and make the game unplayable by resetting the morale every time I dock?

I really fail to see the point you are making. The devs are responsible for delivering a working game - period. UBISOFT HQ have nothing to do with the coding of the game - they simply green light the game, allocate a budget and demand a timescale. When its delivered by the devs they box it up and put it on shop shelves.

How does that scenario prevent me from laying blame at the devs doorstep?

ichso
03-03-10, 06:27 PM

That sounds arrogant.

I think the issue cherbert meant is not only what the devs are told to do but also what they are able to do.
UBI as a publisher won't tell them "now go fix this bug" or "now implement a depth under keel option". They would rather just tell them what rough kind of results are expected at some designated deadlines. The dev team should then get it's work organized to meet those deadlines.
Sure, you can say that they simply didn't have enough time. But that concerns the project as a whole. When going into the details its the dev team's task to take on the little things, e.g. those that where mentioned in the OP.

At least thats how I understand cherbert here ;)

EDIT: I see, I'm a tad late

jerm138
03-03-10, 06:34 PM
How does that scenario prevent me from laying blame at the devs doorstep?

Because you bought the game from UBISOFT, not the developers.

Let's say I'm looking to buy a 5-year old house. And while doing my pre-closing inspection, I notice many problems with the house: Crooked doorways, the shingles are crooked, the floor squeaks... you get the idea.

Should I:

a) Decide I don't like it and stick with my current house?
b) Make an offer to buy the house AFTER the owner fixes the problems?
c) Call up the builder and throw a fit because he didn't build the house I want?

Choices 'a' and 'b' are reasonable.

Choice 'c' is absurd. So is blaming the developers of SH5.

Mad_Mark
03-03-10, 06:36 PM
I think they employ x Stalker clear sky Beta testers for this.

cherbert
03-03-10, 06:41 PM

Let's say I'm looking to buy a 5-year old house. And while doing my pre-closing inspection, I notice many problems with the house: Crooked doorways, the shingles are crooked, the floor squeaks... you get the idea.

Should I:

c) Call up the builder and throw a fit because he didn't build the house I want?

Never heard so much nonsense in all my life. How can you compare house building and house buying with a Publishing Division and and a Developer Division?

You do know the devs we speak off are UBISOFT ROMANIA? They are just a division of the group. So yes, they are the people who I bought the game off - my money paid their wages.

They wrote the game - If I wanted my money back (which I don't) I'd contact UBI HQ. But, I know who wrote it and they are to blame. I don't expect them to do anything about it - I just hope and request that they do. That requests goes to both HQ and the Developers in Romania.

jerm138
03-03-10, 06:46 PM
Never heard so much nonsense in all my life. How can you compare house building and house buying with a Publishing Division and and a Developer Division?

You do know the devs we speak off are UBISOFT ROMANIA? They are just a division of the group. So yes, they are the people who I bought the game off - my money paid their wages.

They wrote the game - If I wanted my money back (which I don't) I'd contact UBI HQ. But, I know who wrote it and they are to blame. I don't expect them to do anything about it - I just hope and request that they do. That requests goes to both HQ and the Developers in Romania.

You're right.

And next time I'm shopping and see a shirt I don't like, I'll buy it anyway then get mad at the kid working in the sweatshop in Bangladesh, instead of just taking my business elsewhere (or continuing to wear the far-superior shirts I currently own.)

FIREWALL
03-03-10, 06:47 PM

You are slow. :har::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Nordmann
03-03-10, 06:47 PM
I think they employ x Stalker clear sky Beta testers for this.

Wait, they had testers to being with? :o

cherbert
03-03-10, 06:51 PM
You're right.

And next time I'm shopping and see a shirt I don't like, I'll buy it anyway then get mad at the kid working in the sweatshop in Bangladesh, instead of just taking my business elsewhere (or continuing to wear the far-superior shirts I currently own.)

Another ridiculous comparison.

Sailor Steve
03-03-10, 06:51 PM
You are slow. :har::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I don't necessarily agree with him, but his points do have merit.

Do you have anything besides ridicule to counter his argument?

jerm138
03-03-10, 06:52 PM
Another ridiculous comparison.

No... I'm pretty sure it's about the same thing.

JScones
03-04-10, 03:52 AM
So I seriously hope that all the posters who are praising the developers are copping the same ridicule as cherbert? I mean, by the opposing logic here (or lack thereof) it seems that it's OK to praise the devs for the good stuff but not OK to criticise the devs for the bad stuff. :doh:

It's like:
GOOD FEATURE: Well done devs! You rock! Despite the bad "suits" telling you what to do!!!
BAD FEATURE: Don't blame the devs, it's the bad "suits" fault for not <insert excuse here>

Give me a break. Coders code. Publishers publish.

All those blaming the "suits" for rushing the game only need to look at Storm of War: Battle of Britain to see how little water the argument holds.

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 04:00 AM
I don't recall saying that they do have a say in anything? But you surely aren't suggesting that UBISOFT dictate the technicalities of the game code are you?

So you think UBISOFT designed the game not Romania? You think UBISOFT told them to leave out a Depth Under Keel button? You think UBISOFT told them to make the crew do the twist when you have a conversation with them? You think UBISOFT told the devs to break the Hydrophone in the first patch and make the game unplayable by resetting the morale every time I dock?
I know that they are the first in line to blame, the devs, and I remember when I've had the guts to say that loud and clear even before the game was released I was banned. It was obvious from the previews that the game will be a real flop. If they are putting in front of us the pathetic excuse of "not having the required time", it just won't stand. If they would had some self respect, in that moment they would have resigned and go to Spain to pick up strawberries for living, better than sell themselves and their beliefs so easily. But I am not sure they have this kind of Knights Of The Round Table principles to be driven off ... They are supposed to be creators of something reliable, and if they are not allowed to do that in a proper way, they should resign with dignity. I am Romanian, the devs are also Romanian and when I tell you that my people have some problems when it's about having healthy principles I am not lying you. And I am saying that with great sadness but I am trying to be as objective as possible.
I am not naive, things are not what they seem to be or the way they should be. The man is the most perverted animal on earth.

JScones
03-04-10, 04:03 AM

Should I:

Very poor analogy.

I buy my kitchen equipment from Kmart. If any of it falls apart, by your logic, Kmart is to blame as the authorised seller, when in fact the responsibility to fix is with the manufacturer (heck, they give me a warranty just for this reason).

And here's the flaw in your logic...who are we asking to produce patches? the devs? or the publisher? Who will code the patches? the devs? or the publisher? If the patches fix bugs, who will we thank? the devs? or the publisher?

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 04:08 AM
The devs are the first to blame, JScones (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=216267)
And now they are hiding themselves behind that "We are not allowed to interfere with the mortals now due to the nature of our job or of our contracts with Almighty UBI ...".
And NOBODY here has the right to tell you what to say about the devs. YOU made a lot of things for FREE, from your heart, they did everything for money. And what you did is more reliable, than what they did.

R-T-B
03-04-10, 04:12 AM
To be fair, the bug with the deck gun is not a bug at all, but rather that you have no morale when giving the order (it requires it). It's easy to fix, just remove morale by editing the crew abilities text file (where it exists exactly escapes me at the moment).

elanaiba
03-04-10, 04:13 AM
The devs are the first to blame, JScones (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=216267)
And now they are hiding themselves behind that "We are not allowed to interfere with the mortals now due to the nature of our job or of our contracts with Almighty UBI ...".
And NOBODY here has the right to tell you what to say about the devs. YOU made a lot of things for FREE, from your heart, they did everything for money. And what you did is more reliable, than what they did.

Again?

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 04:19 AM
Again?
"Again" what? Do you feel embarrassed that I am in the position to tell everyone that sometimes some people make me feel ashamed that I am Romanian? Or I suppose you want to provoke me, and to end up being banned, like I was before because of you. No, you won't have the chance to see that. I will be very careful for what I will say, I will carefully choose my words not to hurt your human dignity, but still to hit the "G" spot.
Maybe at that time most people here gave you much more credit that you actually deserved, but now, that we are seeing the results of your work, I guess you are starting to lose your supporters, little by little.

Note: for all of those that are not aware who elanaiba is: he is one of the devs.

elanaiba
03-04-10, 04:23 AM
Again, you are accusing "us" that we are hiding as demigods, etc.

And you are assuming a lot about what we did, and what we did it FOR.

Frankly, you have no idea of all the stuff that I did for the series.

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 04:27 AM
Again, you are accusing "us" that we are hiding as demigods, etc.

And you are assuming a lot about what we did, and what we did it FOR.

OK, you are probably one of those who are not hiding so much. But do you gave the guts to say that your product is unfinished, it's very buggy and it was very prematurely released? Just talking about the objective facts, not the subjective ones, like the interface, RPG elements etc. If you will do that, I promise that I won't criticize your game anymore.
Yes, I know, you are not supposed to talk about these kind of things ... UBI contracts and so.
And by the way, maybe you should better start work at the patches, I think that would be more constructive, don't you think?

walsh2509
03-04-10, 04:27 AM
From what I've read and hope misread , then the Devs are as much to blame as Ubi "suits".

As far as I've read in some reviews on this site , you can't order the rudder through x degrees of turn 1/2/3 to Port or starboard.

That is a basic part of any build of a ship/uboat sim, if that is true , then the devs are to blame or are we to believe that they didn't know it was missing like other things in the sim ..

Or are they reading these posts on here saying , I thought you put it in , no I thought you were doing that !

Come on , the devs knew exactly what they had put in and left out , for something as basic to operating the uboat, it really was a dereliction of duty.

To blame the Ubi suits for something as basic as that, something that should have been one of the first items laid down in code, as its one of boats base operating functions, does not wash with me.

JScones
03-04-10, 04:31 AM
Dan, while you are here, maybe you can tell us only if you are at liberty to do so: who's responsible for game content? the development house or the publishing house? More specifically, how much freedom do publishers give developers, or conversely, how constrained do publishers make things for developers? I would expect the publisher to drive schedule to a degree, but choosing what specific features are in or out, is that the publishers role or the devs role (to manage according to available schedule)? Do the publishers ever get to the level of specifics such as "TDC must be included"?

Generally speaking I mean - not specifically Ubisoft because I don't want you to get into trouble with anyone. Just broad industry "norm" based on your experience over the years.

Serious question, because I don't know the answer.

CCIP
03-04-10, 04:32 AM
Guys, let's stop the finger-pointing and personal attacks. It doesn't get us anywhere. What have we got to gain from it? Gunnodayak: I don't know why you are so persistent in trying to present 'the truth about the game' here, but why must you insist on making this forum a platform to launch personal attacks? It's clear that you don't own the game nor have interest in it. Is it really productive for you to go on and continue baiting certain members into offended responses, only to act like you've been insulted afterwards? It's not fair to the community and, taken past a certain point (where it can and should count as fair criticism), simply does nothing but sour the tone of discussion and make everyone mad at each other. In the case of causing animosity between players and game developers here, it's especially counter productive.

So in short,
:timeout:

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 04:41 AM
I don't know why you are so persistent in trying to present 'the truth about the game' here, but why must you insist on making this forum a platform to launch personal attacks?
:timeout:
No, I am deeply sorry if you or anyone believes that I like to do personal attacks, and please, don't start again with that "you don't own the game", I really wish now that I would not have the game.
It seems this "you like to do personal attacks" routine is being applied when somebody is saying his opinion loud and clear. I am just very very dissapointed of what turned out to be this game, and maybe a little more than the majority, and that is because they are Romanians, my kind. And that would have been one good chance to make me feel proud of that. But they didn't. Is this a personal attack ? It's just a big feeling of dissapointement.

In the case of causing animosity between players and game developers here, it's especially counter productive.Please tell me, what is productive then? To praise them even if they don't deserved that? For what we should do that? Why? I really don't understand your need to "defend" them. Why don't you let'em defend themselves?
Let's separate these things: the DRM issue is UBI responsibility only, while the game itself belongs solely to the dev team.

SubV
03-04-10, 04:59 AM
From what I've seen so far, your team had done a great job on visuals and scripting in SH5. But many other things (including keyboard commands to access the stations, change course, etc) are broken.

I clearly understand that your team is very dependent on publisher and their decisions. Please, fix the annoying bugs mentioned by topicstarter and I'll promise to buy the game immediately.

Jimbuna
03-04-10, 05:36 AM
Developing and nurturing a blame culture can only be counter productive.

Far better to post in a 'constructive criticism' context.

I feel I can understand how emotive such topics can become but anything getting even close to personal ridicule is totally unnaceptable and should be discouraged IMHO.

I'm not taking sides or pointing towards any of the individual posters on this thread, nor do I have any wish to become embroiled in this subject but would respectfully ask that we all demonstrate a modicum of respect and polite understanding of the individuals viewpoints here.

cherbert
03-04-10, 05:45 AM
I just want to make it clear I think SH5 is very impressive and very immersive. I love it I desperately want it to be fixed.

My initial message was basically to request more feedback from the devs that the problems will be sorted out. We have had nothing apart from a patch that seems to have broken more than it fixed.

I don't regret buying it. I am just worried at the moment about the sheer amount of things that need fixing - in some ways there is more to be fixed here than SH4 needed.

THE_MASK
03-04-10, 05:46 AM
No need for personal insults to the devs . I am sorry i started this thread now . The fact stated was that i will not buy SH5 with this list of bugs in it . I recognise that its only patch1.1 and i thought this thread might grab the devs attention even though they are probably working on patch 1.2 right now . This thread has gone too far .

MGR1
03-04-10, 06:05 AM
Perhaps locking this thread before it goes further downhill would be a good idea, hmmm?:hmmm:

Mike.

elanaiba
03-04-10, 06:05 AM
You see sober, this little thing in your signature prevents me from getting mad at you :)

For sobers mods
search "sobers"
in the download section .

In the end, SH5, like any game, is a question of supply and demand. We supply a game, and people that think it is worth the price, buy it.

SH5 is far from perfect and I can understand some people that have not interest in buying it. Hopefully we will be able to fix and improve it to its intended shape.

I have said it before, I am very critical with my work, but I know that with patches and mods it will be the only subsim worth playing. There's too much stuff improved behind the "cool graphics" for it to be any other way.

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 06:29 AM
You see sober, this little thing in your signature prevents me from getting mad at you :)

In the end, SH5, like any game, is a question of supply and demand. We supply a game, and people that think it is worth the price, buy it.

SH5 is far from perfect and I can understand some people that have not interest in buying it. Hopefully we will be able to fix and improve it to its intended shape.

I have said it before, I am very critical with my work, but I know that with patches and mods it will be the only subsim worth playing. There's too much stuff improved behind the "cool graphics" for it to be any other way.
Simply as "Hello": Do you have the courage to say something like: "I am not satisfied with the game in its current state"? If no, don't bother to reply to my posts anymore. I have expectancies from you.

Yskonyn
03-04-10, 06:42 AM
For someone who claims to be hot on etiquette and language use you seem to fail to be able to read 'in between the lines', Gunno.

Ela admitted the product isn't 'finished', yet still you seem to want him to write down literally a quote you made up.
While I do sympathise with some of your concerns towards the state of the game and why it's been this way with other titles in the series as well, this mission of yours does look like a personal vendetta this way. Why are you so hard pressed on getting that specific line of admittance on our virtual papers from one of the devs while it's already admitted, just in other words? Be careful not too keep pushing the button and becoming an obnoxious troll on these boards. It's different from just engaging in good discussion.

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 06:55 AM
Be careful not too keep pushing the button and becoming an obnoxious troll on these boards. It's different from just engaging in good discussion.
You are right in some degree, but in the same time, I know that there should be someone from time to time to say things in a not so very diplomatic way, while maintaining a decent level of the words chosen. My angst comes from the fact that I love so much this submarine simulation genre, not from pure hatred or something like that towards anyone here. And I know that some folks here understands me. When I've tried to support the inddependent project Danger From The Deep almost nobody was interested, instead a vast majority of people are interested in UBI RPG/shooter unfinished products. It's sad for me.

Yskonyn
03-04-10, 07:12 AM
'Me' is not the right approach, Gunno. Don't you think we all want SH5 to be the best title in the series so far? Of course we all do.
People just have different approaches to a goal.

Some are willing to accept another unfinished product and hope for mods and patches. Others are ruling out the product from day one because of the DRM scheme, yet others refuse to accept the state of the game and start kicking around in anger.

You seem to be on an endeavor to 'convert' everyone to your cause and kick those who don't. Just accept the fact that there will always be people who think differently.

This doesn't make your mission any less relevant and this doesn't deprive you from your rights to say how you think. Just keep the 'personal' edge out of your conversations. That makes a discussion only needlessly nasty and will quickly kill the possibility of gaining people for the cause as well.

The fact that you said you connect the feeling you have of dissapointment with the game to your people is ripe for a reality check.
It's not a national disaster, it's just a product which can be objectively stamped good or bad by facts.
And you should disconnect your national pride from the devteam just because they have the same nationality.
For instance, if you fail at your job on a particularly bad day, do you think the Romanian people will declare a day of mourning because you failed your country?

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 07:19 AM
And you should disconnect your national pride from the devteam just because they have the same nationality.
For instance, if you fail at your job on a particularly bad day, do you think the Romanian people will declare a day of mourning because you failed your country?
No, but unfortunately, we don't have many things to be proud of as a nation, we've murdered our president on Christmas Eve, we've turned the weapons against our ally in WWII, we have been thrashed by every major power through the centuries and so on. And every lost opportunity to be somehow proud by something made by Romanian people annoys me. Even for a such insignificant fact thing SH5. It's easier for you, I know.:)

Yskonyn
03-04-10, 07:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with healthy nationalism, Gunno. But there's no use spilling your guts on a game enthousiasts forum.
You should revert to political message boards if your frustration is caused by your pride. You can fight as much rounds as you want over there with probably quite a lot of people giving you some sincere opposition.

A gamers board in not really the place for that.

As said before, you can point out your point of view about the games discussed and label them good or bad, but the pesonal attack attitude has to stop.

It'll only make you be perceived as a bitter forum troll and that won't have any benefits for you either.
For example, the way you come across to me in your reply to Ela's statement in the other thread is that you continue to look for ways to grief him eventhough you got the statement you wanted.
You seem to turn his statement around into the negative suggesting he might be elusive in his wording. This is clearly a personal attack.
Just accept a few things now and then. It'll make you feel more at ease as well, buddy.

Alex
03-04-10, 08:03 AM
Blaming your own kind for releasing a half-baked game looks quite like anti-patriotism to me - as a Romanian you should be supporting them by reporting as much bugs as possible (the earlier you report them, the faster SH5 devs will fix em) and encouraging them to release patches as fast as possible. :hmm2:
In my opinion looking for any kind of gratitude, appreciation, gratefulness for releasing something as superficial as a :o video-game in this %@£$§& &# world only shows that you're desperate, dude.

:doh:

stabiz
03-04-10, 08:05 AM
Yeah, well, this outrage is a long standing tradition with the Silent Hunter series and subsim.com, and in a way I find it amusing. (Only because there are other good games out there at the moment)

Despite all this I will buy the game today, I dont think boycott is the way to go. I probably wont play it much, though. Yet.

longam
03-04-10, 08:07 AM
Again?

Yea really, gawd 2 wasted threads already this morning

Gunnodayak
03-04-10, 08:16 AM
Blaming your own kind for releasing a half-baked game looks quite like anti-patriotism to me - as a Romanian you should be supporting them by reporting as much bugs as possible (the earlier you report them, the faster SH5 devs will fix em) and encouraging them to release patches as fast as possible. :hmm2:
In my opinion looking for any kind of gratitude, appreciation, gratefulness for releasing something as superficial as a :o video-game in this %@£$§& &# world only shows that you're desperate, dude.

:doh:
Maybe I am not more desperate than you, but that is debatable. And for now I don't have the time to have this debate. Maybe another time!

Immacolata
03-04-10, 08:24 AM
Yeah, well, this outrage is a long standing tradition with the Silent Hunter series and subsim.com, and in a way I find it amusing. (Only because there are other good games out there at the moment)

Despite all this I will buy the game today, I dont think boycott is the way to go. I probably wont play it much, though. Yet.

Same here. Outrage in 2007, same in 2005. It is a slap in the face etc. DRM omg. Nerdragery is so tiresome. I mean, if people would turn the knob down on their vehemance it might be a little more tolerable for everyone. Boycott is just silly. Wait and see is a better approach honestly.

The thing is, venting just creates bad vibes. I mean, think of it as yelling really loud all day about how you hate the noise and pollution where you live. So does your neighbour, but now he has to endure your noise pollutoin as well.

I'm looking forward to see what patch 1.2 corrects. I will buy SH5 from you Ubi, with drm and everything, but I won't do it untill you've got it in proper ship shape - sorry guys :)

As a consolation prize I just went and bought SH IV Gold Edition to pass time while I wait for SH5.

Bilge_Rat
03-04-10, 11:57 AM
Stabiz, Immacolata,

Agree completely. Everytime a new SH gets released, its like a contest around here to see who can scream the loudest and the most times about what a POS the game is.

Some posters actually seem to think that if they post the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and over....that we will actually give them any credence.