PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Save Games?

Able72
03-03-10, 01:11 PM
Anyone figured out how to delete save games yet?

SteamWake
03-03-10, 01:31 PM
Nope the save games are etched in stone for all of eternity... or till the ubi servers are taken down.

Ragtag
03-03-10, 01:40 PM
Load a savegame, then click "save game", there you can save and delete savegames.

piri_reis
03-03-10, 01:56 PM
Check under:
\My_Documents\SH5\data\cfg
lots of stuff in there and some savegames, haven't figure out which is which yet..

Highbury
03-03-10, 01:58 PM
Check under:
\My_Documents\SH5\data\cfg
lots of stuff in there and some savegames, haven't figure out which is which yet..

You can't just delete them from documents anymore, they are backed up on the Ubi servers too. The only way I have seen so far is just how Ragtag described it above.

piri_reis
03-03-10, 02:06 PM
You can't just delete them from documents anymore, they are backed up on the Ubi servers too. The only way I have seen so far is just how Ragtag described it above.

Doh! Forgot about the sync thingy.
Well that sucks deleting them one by one.

BTW, somebody was saying you could turn off auto sync, or was it auto-save? Can't find the message now. And the option is nowhere to be found either :hmmm:

sergei
03-03-10, 03:50 PM
I dunno about that. I deleted my named career folder from my documents folder, then when I reloaded, after the synchronization, that named career was no longer available for me to load in the game.

B_O_L_T
03-03-10, 05:31 PM
You can disable saving to UBI's servers through the launcher. Start it off, but while it is sat doing it's thing, click the small cog symbol at the top of the launcher, this will generate a popup asking if you want to disable saving to their servers, then you can delete files locally to your heart's content.
However, there is one caveat, if you enable the function again at a later date, any locally saved files will be over written by files of the same name still stored on UBI's servers. This will reset those files back to the point the copies were originally saved to UBI's servers and could potentially wipe out all your progress.