PDA

View Full Version : downloaded from Direct2drive.com (renamed)

cunnutazzo
03-03-10, 05:52 AM
I refuse to be a "legal" pirate about downloading SH5 through a "proxy trick". I don't understand why we European simmers are not allowed to download a payed and legal copy of the game, however I can play a lot of other good simulation games out there. I'm disappointed with the Ubi crew, of course.

ParaB
03-03-10, 05:54 AM
Problem is that the official release date in europe is still the 4th, so most retailers/shop have not released it yet. You can already buy/download the game in europe via Gamersgate, though.

Snake Man
03-03-10, 06:15 AM
I refuse to be a "legal" pirate about downloading SH5 through a "proxy trick".
Haha pirate for buying a game? Thanks for the good joke, I enjoyed it :)

Dowly
03-03-10, 06:30 AM
I refuse to be a "legal" pirate about downloading SH5 through a "proxy trick". I don't understand why we European simmers are not allowed to download a payed and legal copy of the game, however I can play a lot of other good simulation games out there. I'm disappointed with the Ubi crew, of course.

Except there's European sites that already sell the game, so I don't see why you would need to "legally" pirate it via proxy. :hmmm:

piri_reis
03-03-10, 06:35 AM
You don't need a proxy.
I downloaded from Direct2drive.com. It'll first redirect you to the UK web site but if you click on the flag and choose US, It'll let you purchase and download. Very fast service too.

cunnutazzo
03-03-10, 06:45 AM
I live in Italy, why I should select the US flag at the D2D shop? this is not legal.

Cougar_DK
03-03-10, 07:02 AM
Its available at GamersGate for us Europeans. Downloading it right now :yeah:

Kromus
03-03-10, 07:08 AM
I live in Italy, why I should select the US flag at the D2D shop? this is not legal.

Maybe because r*tards from sites like this
https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/choixpaiement.html?partenaire=3&id_titre=1804&langue_page=en&affilie=news02uk&mode_achat=acheter
won`t allow still download the damn game (Activation key should be send in roughly 11 hours from now, I`ve preordered on 01/03/2010)?

I`m so pissed on myself that I didn`t do that "region trick" earlier :x

punisher2010
03-03-10, 08:30 AM

Actually, I think it is only illegal to sell it before the release dates, not buy it. If the shop makes a mistake and breaks a release date, it is not the customer that is liable....

However, especially with the new DRM, I don't know if they will allow you to play it before the release date. I know some games that required activation that wouldn't work before the street date..

piri_reis
03-03-10, 10:24 AM

Do as you please, wait till next week then.

Goatman455
03-03-10, 11:53 AM
Actually the greedy corporations with $$$ in their eyes are more of pirates than you. They are releasing the game unfinished and unpolished with little to no paper documentation for $$$ reasons, sounds piratey to me!!!

ARGGHHHH

himlaviz
03-03-10, 12:07 PM
So much trouble to get a game, I had hoped that it would be easier to buy games thanks to digital downloads in 2010 or so.

Steam messed up big time with their countdown and then, nothing, just a march 2010 as release date. Not funny! Had expected to buy it before work and have it downloading while working.

Then I called Game (local shop) and asked if they had Silent Hunter 5 which they did but he told me he couldn't sell it to me until tomorrow, couldn't even bribe him :O:

So then my hope was left with GamersGate but their click&buy creditcard service refused to accept my creditcard. Aaargh!!

Found my way to the US direct2drive and bought it from there and is now downloading it, 850mb downloaded and 45 minutes remaining. Hope it wont have any nasty surprises like that key is not valid from you location etc.

Time will tell...

piri_reis
03-03-10, 12:10 PM
Found my way to the US direct2drive and bought it from there and is now downloading it, 850mb downloaded and 45 minutes remaining. Hope it wont have any nasty surprises like that key is not valid from you location etc.

Time will tell...

You won't have any problem with the key or install. I don't think there is any location checks after you purchase.

Download was fast, I already burned my download package to a dvd, and also about to do a reinstall/repatch for testing. Have fun!

cunnutazzo
03-03-10, 07:16 PM
The original name of this thread was "legal piracy?", I don't know why someone renamed "downloaded from D2D", because I'm downloading the game from Ubi uk. Finally...

Onkel Neal
03-03-10, 07:18 PM
You should have guessed the word "piracy" was a bad choice :)

cunnutazzo
03-03-10, 07:30 PM
Dear Neal, a word is only a word, don't be afraid about words. :arrgh!: