PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded from Ubi site in Oz

Fritz Eger
03-03-10, 03:58 AM
Just to share with everyone down under I managed to legitimately install from Ubi today using my Oz address and credit card, despite the stated restriction on US / Canada only. Also its running well on my iMac (via Bootcamp) so happy all round:DL

Samu*
03-03-10, 07:14 AM
I can confirm this. Place order with my home address (N-Europe) and downloading game with full speed. The major advantage here versus other (European) sites like Gamersgate was that game was sold to me in dollars. So $49,95 at Ubi's Onlinestore is much lesser amount than 49,95€ at Gamersgate Onlinestore. After my credit card company charges me its like 37 euros with current exchange rate :)

:up:

basti107
03-03-10, 07:45 AM
is there any way downloading (buying) the game here in germany today?

//edit: @Samu*: can you already play the game from gamersgate? or does it unlock later or something?

Samu*
03-03-10, 11:22 AM
You may have misunsderstood me. I bought this game from the Ubi Webshop, not from Gamersgate. Gamersgate was just an example how they are selling same game to U.S. ppls for $49,95 and for us euros 49,95€.
Obviously its cheaper to buy it via Ubi site because they will charge your credit card in dollars even if you live in Europe.

I'm currently downloading game from Ubi. I believe that as soon as the downloading has been completed I can install game rightaway even while I live in Finland.