PDA

View Full Version : After install ghost music?

rss0900
03-02-10, 08:10 PM
Yeah my first post .... Well, despite the DRM controversy I bought the game today at lunch - my internet connection is pretty good so it should not be an issue for me, although I don't like the idea but am am pretty confident it will be removed shortly in the future.

Well right after the install finished I hear some kind of music, like from Modern Warefare 2 or something, ethnic stuff with sonar pings every now and then. Then I hear something about crash dive so I know it's SH5 running somewhere. No tasks, applications, or processes associated with SH5 are running through task manager, where is that music/sound byte coming from. Took the CD out it continued. Rebooted and it stopped, it is strange there were no apps running to cause this music to play, could it have come from my active internet connection with UBI?

Also who is UPLAY? After the first "tutorial" mission it says I earned 10+ UPLAY points or something - what is that? It's on the main menu to and wants to open a website?

So far game looks pretty good, as others have stated lots of bugs found already in the first hour though - even got stuck in the captains bunk and could not get out, shift-u did nothing. To be expected with new games now adays I guess. I also agree some things seemed dumbed down, could be lack of time with it though. Yes I've downloaded the first patch.

I've been a SH-3-5 fan on and off, not as serious as most of you but certainly looking forward to what this community will do with the game. Have to agree with time this will be a classic, you guys are great!

Rickenbacker
03-02-10, 08:22 PM
I got the ghost music as well, it's actually the sound from the intro movie. I ignored it, and had no problems after it ended.