PDA

View Full Version : 1.01 with new bugs?

dangrey
03-02-10, 12:46 PM
I got the latest patch.

- I use auto-tdc, but now I don't see the ship on the map after I lock the target, so I can't fire the torpedo. I tried to click off the "no map contact update", but no ships on map. I quit the game, and started it again, then "no map contact update" was not marked on the option screen, marked it again, quit the game, start and now it remembered it, and I started a mission, now I see ships on map, but I don't want all the info, like the spot-range etc.

- No info when using the hydrophone

I updated to the latest nvidia driver also, could it be that?

Bilge_Rat
03-02-10, 01:06 PM
it's not a bug, it's a feature. From the 1.01 read-me:

-The direction of the enemy locked ships no longer appear in the TAI

I cannot check the game now, but it appears the Devs saw the light and realized that "feature" should not appear w. manual TDC & map updates off.

w. 1.00, if you turn the TDC off and lock a ship, a magic line showing the course of the ship appears which makes no sense at 100% realism settings.

From your post, I presume you are saying this is still the case with "map udates on"?

gutted
03-02-10, 01:23 PM
Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

When you say you use "Auto-TDC", do you mean you have manual targetting disbabled in the options?

dangrey
03-02-10, 01:28 PM
it's not a bug, it's a feature. From the 1.01 read-me:

I cannot check the game now, but it appears the Devs saw the light and realized that "feature" should not appear w. manual TDC & map updates off.

w. 1.00, if you turn the TDC off and lock a ship, a magic line showing the course of the ship appears which makes no sense at 100% realism settings.

From your post, I presume you are saying this is still the case with "map udates on"?

Ah, okey, I haven't read the file yet. Then there's just this with no info/ bearing when I use the hydrophone.

When you say you use "Auto-TDC", do you mean you have manual targetting disbabled in the options?

Yes

The General
03-02-10, 01:35 PM
So basically this is a non-problem and we can delete this thread?

gutted
03-02-10, 01:40 PM
He says he has manual targetting disabled in the options.

so, obviously... something is wrong if he's not seeing the targetting helpers.

dangrey
03-02-10, 01:41 PM
So basically this is a non-problem and we can delete this thread?

Yes, you can delete this post. But it would be great if anyone could confirm that the hydrophone is working ok after the new patch, then I know that it must be new nvidia-driver that's causing my problem.

gutted
03-02-10, 01:42 PM
dont delete it, i haven't checked yet.. but it doesn't sound right.