PDA

View Full Version : "Failure to synchronize saved games" is testing my patience.

gutted
03-02-10, 11:11 AM
Despite having turned off saving games to the server from the launcher...

In 2 days, I've encountered this problem 5 times. Everytime i see this message it tells me it will try again at the next save/load operation. So I try to load a save file, it goes through the whole 2-3 minute loading process only to tell me it has connection problems... and that i need to wait until it can resume.. only it never does. I have to drop back to the main menu, even though i'm standing in the sub-pen ready to go.

Upon the second try at loading the save (and enduring the long load), it will let me through.

Yeah, some of you may say it will get better as they iron out the kinks.. but the fact that this type of crap is even possible in a single player game is ridiculous. But thats another topic.

Noren
03-02-10, 11:15 AM
so its basicly a bug?

Heretic
03-02-10, 11:16 AM
Anybody else having this problem?

AVGWarhawk
03-02-10, 11:20 AM
Good question Heretic. First I read of this issue. Is it possible your firewall or AV is making an issue?

Galanti
03-02-10, 11:20 AM
Yep. Twice in one hour last night.

ddrgn
03-02-10, 11:24 AM
LOL just choose to not sync the files online, there is a setting right there on the window.

Méo
03-02-10, 11:25 AM
No problem.

Got ESET Anti-Virus and the game works well (talking about stability here).

tater
03-02-10, 11:26 AM
Good question Heretic. First I read of this issue. Is it possible your firewall or AV is making an issue?

You shouldn't have to even know what a firewall IS to play an offline, single player game.

Every single net/connectivity issue is now flatly Ubi's problem for any owner.

I have heard devs talk about the difficulty of writing for the PC, because every failure on all the myriad PC hardware out there is blamed on THEM, when they have no control of players having curtrent drivers, etc, ad nauseum.

They are right in that case, it's really the USER in most cases that is the problem, not the game.

The current DRM scheme, OTOH, since it forces the user to use an entire element of their system that is entirely unnecessary to the game makes the net the devs (or publisher in this case) problem. If my modem is not set up right, etc, it is a problem for Ubi tech support to fix if it screws with my Ubi game (hypothetical in my case, cause I'll never buy a game with this scheme out of principle---indeed, I'd not install it if it were given to me free).

Call Ubi and have them walk you through making your security settings work, it's their responsibility now.

Heretic
03-02-10, 11:27 AM
LOL just choose to not sync the files online, there is a setting right there on the window.

He's got it turned off. Hence the frustration,

gutted
03-02-10, 11:53 AM
He's got it turned off. Hence the frustration,

We have a winner!! :woot:

Heretic
03-02-10, 12:44 PM
Hey gutted, let us know if the new patch does anything with this issue.

*edit* Patch readme says:
- Fix a bug when title remains stuck on synchronizing saved games menu

It that what you're seeing?

ddrgn
03-02-10, 01:36 PM
BS he does, cuz I get the same problem when its sync saved files, when its not it loads fine............

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/pwc100/bs.jpg

Seafireliv
03-02-10, 01:38 PM

In 2 days, I've encountered this problem 5 times. Everytime i see this message it tells me it will try again at the next save/load operation. So I try to load a save file, it goes through the whole 2-3 minute loading process only to tell me it has connection problems... and that i need to wait until it can resume.. only it never does. I have to drop back to the main menu, even though i'm standing in the sub-pen ready to go.

Upon the second try at loading the save (and enduring the long load), it will let me through.

Yeah, some of you may say it will get better as they iron out the kinks.. but the fact that this type of crap is even possible in a single player game is ridiculous.

Can't wait till its cracked so i can remove this nonsense. I bought the damn game... now let me play it!

Just one example of what is SO wrong with this whole DRM setup. No one and I mean NO ONE should go thru this for an SP game. I`m amazed you people even tolerate this. It`s a joke at all your expense.

Not buying until it is eradicated.

malkuth74
03-02-10, 01:38 PM
The whole half ass process of even having to do this is stupid.

Saved games on your PC have worked for 30 years. Why change it now?

UBI and its bright ideas... I swear someone in that place should not have a job. Really.

gutted
03-02-10, 01:47 PM
BS he does, cuz I get the same problem when its sync saved files, when its not it loads fine............

I did that, atleast 10 times. When i get in-game the first thing it does is "Syncrhonize Saved Games" regardless of what i chose in the launcher settings.

ddrgn
03-02-10, 01:48 PM
I did that, atleast 10 times. When i get in-game the first thing it does is "Syncrhonize Saved Games" regardless of what i chose in the launcher settings.

Ha so what we have determined is this is a user related problem. Instead of always considering and getting all these other roosters feathers in a flurry, assume that maybe it could be a client issue first.

gutted
03-02-10, 01:52 PM
how is this a user problem?

ddrgn
03-02-10, 02:00 PM
Because I dont have the same problem..........

gutted
03-02-10, 02:04 PM
good for you, but im not alone.

punisher2010
03-02-10, 04:28 PM

There were a lot of people with Toyota's that didnt have a brake problem either...

Crimguy
03-02-10, 05:25 PM
There were a lot of people with Toyota's that didnt have a brake problem either...

Man, one post and he's dead-on-b*lls right! I expect good things from you. . .

guynoir
03-02-10, 05:41 PM

You seem to speak very authoritatively and absolutely in most of your posts... Are you sure that he can't at all be having this problem? I mean, did you actually drive to his house and double-check it yourself?

ddrgn
03-02-10, 06:40 PM
All Gutted does, besides from his awesome solution finding program, is see a problem and run here crying about it. See his thread topics. He spends no time figuring things out. He didn't even check to see if leaving the periscope would bring it all the way down, like how are you supposed to drop the scope while looking through it? He came here first to cry about it.

He is having the problem that says "you can not save game files to the server" or something like that. Same problem I had until I changed the setting not to sync. Once you choose this option it wont sync. So he is just being a big baby and crying about everything. Not my problem I sound authoritative, I do cuz his posts are ridiculous.

gutted
03-02-10, 06:42 PM
Oh stuff it..

I never once said anything about the periscope lowering. That was pretty obvious. And as for the sync thing, i and others have already done that for no effect.

Lastly in that other thread you were certain i was doing something wrong and called me a retard... when in actualilty we were both right. So Just drop it. If you want to help out.. do so, but dont be a dillhole about it.

Such Nonsense.

ddrgn
03-02-10, 06:48 PM
Just take 5 seconds and try to figure things out before crying about every little detail.....

gutted
03-02-10, 07:03 PM
moving along...

Webster
03-02-10, 07:15 PM
good lord guys, do i really need to start giving infractions here? http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/angry/pulling-my-hair-out.gif (http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/emotions/angry/pulling-my-hair-out-07126/)

Bubblehead1980
03-02-10, 07:27 PM

Yeah, some of you may say it will get better as they iron out the kinks.. but the fact that this type of crap is even possible in a single player game is ridiculous. But thats another topic.

EXACTLY why such outrage came out over DRM, I knew this would happen as did many others.Exactly why I refuse to purchase this until DRM is removed, should not have it to play single player:damn: Having said that, good luck with the game.

Galanti
03-02-10, 07:36 PM
All Gutted does, besides from his awesome solution finding program, is see a problem and run here crying about it. See his thread topics. He spends no time figuring things out. He didn't even check to see if leaving the periscope would bring it all the way down, like how are you supposed to drop the scope while looking through it? He came here first to cry about it.

He is having the problem that says "you can not save game files to the server" or something like that. Same problem I had until I changed the setting not to sync. Once you choose this option it wont sync. So he is just being a big baby and crying about everything. Not my problem I sound authoritative, I do cuz his posts are ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as yours. According to you, there is no problem with the game, although this is clearly happening to other people. And yes, we have the option unchecked.

gutted
03-02-10, 07:42 PM
good lord guys, do i really need to start giving infractions here? http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/angry/pulling-my-hair-out.gif (http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/emotions/angry/pulling-my-hair-out-07126/)

nope. we're finished. :salute:

Sailor Steve
03-02-10, 07:42 PM
On a completely different note...

WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

Frederf
03-02-10, 09:33 PM
Did the 1.1 patch address this?
- Fix a bug when title remains stuck on synchronizing saved games menu

punisher2010
03-02-10, 10:09 PM
On a completely different note...

WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

Thank you.

Too be honest, I came here with every intention of just lurking and to see the effects of the DRM over the next week or so.... I assumed that people on "subsim.com" would bite the bullet regardless of the possibility that they wouldn't actually be able to play it... Thanks for being my Guinea Pig! ;)

The only reason I posted is that dismissive type posts rub me the wrong way... Sorry if I started off on the wrong foot....

Also.... My God 22,000+ posts......Do you live here? ;)

Onkel Neal
03-02-10, 10:45 PM
No, but he's been here 10 years.

609_Avatar
03-02-10, 11:14 PM
Welcome aboard punisher2010! :salute: Enjoy the show. :D

saipan
03-05-10, 09:14 PM
Ive played with no probllems for 3 days and now i freeze at the loading screen, waiting to synch game blah blah blah. whats up with this? ive posted at the ubi forums where other people have the same problem. no solutions. any help?

coasterdigi
03-05-10, 09:25 PM
Same issue here. I opened an issue with Ubi, but have yet to hear back from them.

I went as far as to uninstall my AV and firewall software, and disable the windows firewall. No dice.

After that, I did a complete reinstall.

Nada.

Thinking that it might be a router setting, I placed my computer into the DMZ.

Same problem.

It's got to be a server-side issue. Everyone that I've seen reporting the problem says it started yesterday (myself included), after working fine during the days before.

jwilliams
03-05-10, 09:32 PM
:nope:
But, But, But...
"the online service platform will not be a problem, my connection is 24/7"

*/ducks and runs for cover. :O:

saipan
03-05-10, 10:27 PM
how do i fix this? its ubi and not me!

MAXLD
03-05-10, 10:32 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=1121062387&m=1741050738&r=6011036738#6011036738

There are others there with similar problems... the advices from the Ubi Tech support is either to:
- just shutdown firewall / AV to launch the thing
- edit boot settings through msconfig advanced steps to find a imaginary devil program that is messing with Lord Ubi.
:nope:
And bonus problems if you install the game on a different folder than the default one. :down:
Ubi is on a roll...

gutted
03-05-10, 11:34 PM
And bonus problems if you install the game on a different folder than the default one. :down:
Ubi is on a roll...

that very well could be my problem right there.

I didn't install it into program files. I put all my games in C:\Games\

coasterdigi
03-05-10, 11:49 PM
Well, whatever the problem is, my game is now completely broken. :damn:

rugby6
03-06-10, 01:10 AM
Same problem here also.........freezing up at the synch screen. I don't think its our computers.........something at Ubisoft's end. I sure hope they get it fixed.

jwilliams
03-06-10, 01:58 AM
that very well could be my problem right there.

I didn't install it into program files. I put all my games in C:\Games\

Ubi have said DONT install into C:\Program Files\

So you have installed it as recomended.

gutted
03-06-10, 02:05 AM
Since the update for the launcher a few days ago, im not getting any more fails to sync.

But..

I still can't stop it from trying to sync my saves. I only play on one PC i have no need for this "feature". Turning it off in the launcher does nothing on my end.. because the game still does it when it loads up.

Dont even get me started on the auto saves. It always seems to happen right when im in the middle of setting up my TDC for a shot LOL. Another feature of this DRM scheme.. it saves itself regularily incase your connection goes kaput.

Ah well. Atleast im playing.

Jarhead0331
03-06-10, 08:17 AM
I still can't get this game to run past the stupid syncing phase. I'm quickly losing all hope that I will ever get it to run and I am now on the verge of committing hari kari.

Can someone at ubisoft PLEASE HELP!

Mondaiji
03-07-10, 02:54 AM
And another one on the list. Damn i could not resist SH5 because i love the games. I know it is stupid but i could not resist. Really great mess they provide with this "DRM".

You may call me stupid :(

"PLEASE WAIT UNTIL SAVED GAMES ARE SYNCHRONIZED FROM SERVER.."

Well you know where to find me :damn:

gutted
03-07-10, 03:26 AM
I still can't get this game to run past the stupid syncing phase. I'm quickly losing all hope that I will ever get it to run and I am now on the verge of committing hari kari.

Can someone at ubisoft PLEASE HELP!

They're not worried about you because you bought it. They're more worried about people who didn't buy it.

:down:

bocheetus
03-07-10, 10:54 PM
:damn:I too am a victim of this problem. I went so far as to reinstall everything. Twice. :wah:UBI will not answer my emails. I feel like a moron for having bought this game. BTW, it worked fine for 3 days then saturday it started freezing up and hasn't worked since.

I will never buy another one of these games.

jwilliams
03-07-10, 10:57 PM
I too am a victim of this problem. I went so far as to reinstall everything. Twice. UBI will not answer my emails. I feel like a moron for having bought this game. BTW, it worked fine for 3 days then saturday it started freezing up and hasn't worked since.

I will never buy another one of these games.

Ubisofts servers are experiancing some problems...
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163697

skwasjer
03-08-10, 09:08 AM
Try this, I had the same problem so I took a deep breath and found this solution:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163702

bocheetus
03-08-10, 09:29 AM
Found this at the ubi forum

quote:
Posted by skwasjer over at Subsim. It works!

"For those that hang at the menu during synchronization, turn of synchronization in the login screen first, then quit the launcher/game. Then goto

64-bit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
32-bit:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher

and verify in settings.ini if this is set:

SaveOnline=false

Last, delete the storage folder (this is another cache folder). This folder apparently contains faulty data, causing the launcher to download . gg!

Note: even if you turned off the sync save game feature, the game apparently (and incorrectly) still tries to sync the games (although it does not upload any new ones anymore). If you do not delete the storage folder, the launcher will STILL try download your last uploaded save games (even though the SaveOnline=false) from Ubi's server. I suspect this is why it hangs (if you have later save games locally, they are not in sync). By deleting it, it will no longer do so.

I ended up with my last working local-save fortunately..."

Happy simming!

Actually its from here. I am retarded, however.

Fincuan
03-08-10, 11:23 AM
...and as the previous two messages demonstrate it sometimes does pay off to read the previous messages before posting :haha:

Iron Budokan
03-08-10, 11:32 AM
They're not worried about you because you bought it. They're more worried about people who didn't buy it.

Exactly right.