PDA

View Full Version : Time of Day & Clocks

cherbert
03-02-10, 10:05 AM
Am I missing something or is there no way to determine the time?

To make matters worse none of my clocks in the game work - and some only have one hand! A problem that was evident in SH4 and they still haven't fixed it!!!

Andayle
03-02-10, 01:05 PM
If you press F1 it brings up a key chart and there is one for clock, not tired it yet though so not sure if it works. It is a shame that the clocks in the sub are not modelled correctly. Would be so easy to just whip the camera round to check the time rather than bringing up extra clocks on the screen etc.

Bilge_Rat
03-02-10, 01:11 PM
In the bottom right corner, the order log shows the time. You can also press the "o" key to bring up the clock which shows the current time and also functions as a chronometer.

example:

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8235/sh50015.jpg

current time is 7:01 a.m.

Highbury
03-02-10, 01:17 PM
In the bottom right corner, the order log shows the time. You can also press the "o" key to bring up the clock which shows the current time and also functions as a chronometer.

example:

<Snip>[/IMG]

current time is 7:01 a.m.

At the bottom right you are only getting the time of the last event. It may have been hours since. The stop watch indicates 7:01 but in many cases you could be left wondering is that 07:01 or 19:01? There is also no easy to see date other then the Log as far as I have seen. An easy way to tell time and date at one look should have been implemented.

Bilge_Rat
03-02-10, 01:23 PM
At the bottom right you are only getting the time of the last event. It may have been hours since. The stop watch indicates 7:01 but in many cases you could be left wondering is that 07:01 or 19:01? There is also no easy to see date other then the Log as far as I have seen. An easy way to tell time and date at one look should have been implemented.

I agree that they should have followed the SH3/4 method which was a lot easier. I had the same problem when I first started looking around to see what time it is. I was just pointing out what is available in game.

Ragtag
03-02-10, 02:51 PM
If you want date and month check the captains log by pressing "K" :)

mookiemookie
03-02-10, 03:33 PM
If you want date and month check the captains log by pressing "K" :)

Even easier: bring up the stopwatch, and hover your cursor over it. Presto! Day and month.

Sone7
03-03-10, 11:37 AM
The stop watch indicates 7:01 but in many cases you could be left wondering is that 07:01 or 19:01?
The camera icon in the upper right corner actually changes portraying time of day ;)

Michal788
03-03-10, 11:57 AM
I have made a reguest for a good clock in SH5 Mod workshop.

kylania
03-03-10, 12:34 PM
The camera icon in the upper right corner actually changes portraying time of day ;)

Yeah, but if you're in a station you just see the red X. Like I decided to lay down and take a nap in my captain's bunk till nightfall but I had no way of knowing what time it was since all I saw was the X for Leave Station. :-?

SabreHawk
03-08-10, 05:02 PM
I've noticed that only one of the ships clocks work and show correct time, and thats the one in the sonar station, may be one other at another location but I dont remember right now.
All the other are stuck at 12:00 and never move off that.

Somebody go back to port and bring back a crapload of clock batteries will ya?:haha:
But yes one can always bring up the stopwatch/clock, but it's nice to just swing around and look up at the ships clock and see at a glance.
This was one of the first things I noticed while exploring the ship on the first mission.

SabreHawk
03-09-10, 09:36 AM
Well after playing for a couple hours last night and checking all staions where a clock exists, I find that only two are working.
However the two that are working, are missing the seconds hand, and only have the hour hand. And one of them has no hands at all just a clock face, and that one is the one in the far aft compartment.

Now this is the very first boat, in the very first mission of the invasion of Poland, the training one. This may change when I get this mission finished and go on to the next one as Captain. At least I hope this is the case.

Conrad von Kaiser
03-09-10, 09:58 AM
Found out last night that on the navigation map, the objective box in the upper left of the screen (where it says Operation Germany or something of that nature?) Will show you the current in game date. As far as time, time compression over x1024 will bring up a stopwatch that displays the current time. Not sure if there's a button command to bring it up normally however

(At work, can't double check sorry :( )