PDA

View Full Version : Mod this and O yea that needs fixin also...

codmander
03-01-10, 08:45 PM
lol sounds like a ton of mods to fix sh5 reading post after post If its not patched soon after release might as well hang it up. this needs fixin that needs fixin GAAAWWWWDDD...(((((REMINDER)))Any computers that make minimum spec wont be able to run big mods ........WITH ANY STABILITY.................... Somthing to think about:hmmm:

Sailor Steve
03-01-10, 09:07 PM
The same was true of SH3 and SH4. I don't see any real problem that time won't solve.

There is already a swastika mod, a 'No Glow On Crew' mod and one that changes the keys to match SH3's.

So, it should be just fine.

Ducimus
03-01-10, 09:09 PM
Been there, done that with SH4, so im getting a kick out of watching it all. Sub on rails, OMG these commands are missing, etc etc. All very familiar behavior that was introduced with SH4's launch. In a way im glad DRM is there, otherwise id have bought the game and ended up doing another FTT /unofficial fix mod again. Thats how TMO in SH4 got started, *shudder*. Will be interesting to see modders jump through hoops to make their stuff patch compatible later. :O:

mookiemookie
03-01-10, 09:12 PM
Thats how TMO in SH4 got started, *shudder*.

You really regret it, don't you? But doesn't the fact that you've accomplished so much and brought so much enjoyment to so many SH4 players kind of counterbalance the hassles and headaches? :D I did not play a whole lot of SH4, but when I did, I ran your mod and was so darn impressed with it. It really made the game playable for me.

CCIP
03-01-10, 09:13 PM
Been there, done that with SH4, so im getting a kick out of watching it all. Sub on rails, OMG these commands are missing, etc etc. All very familiar behavior that was introduced with SH4's launch. In a way im glad DRM is there, otherwise id have bought the game and ended up doing another FTT /unofficial fix mod again. Thats how TMO in SH4 got started, *shudder*. Will be interesting to see modders jump through hoops to make their stuff patch compatible later. :O:

Haha, tell me about it. All this talk is major deja-vu. Which I suppose tells us that in the end, everything's more or less normal with the game... for better or worse :shifty:

Ducimus
03-01-10, 09:22 PM
You really regret it, don't you?
Certain things in SH4 that seemingly can't be fixed really put me off. So after all the time and effort, SH4 still, isn't the game i wanted it to be. As a result the feeling of accomplishment just isn't there. While i have no intention of buying SH5 anytime soon, I hope Sh5 didn't inheirt those seemingly unfixable quirks. Boat losing trim and having to go to full/flank speed to maintain depth when diving below 182 meters being one example.

jazman
03-02-10, 01:21 AM

It's not just the modding. It's modding the same things yet again. Only the modding method is different. Fun!

JScones
03-02-10, 03:06 AM
lol sounds like a ton of mods to fix sh5 reading post after post If its not patched soon after release might as well hang it up. this needs fixin that needs fixin GAAAWWWWDDD...(((((REMINDER)))Any computers that make minimum spec wont be able to run big mods ........WITH ANY STABILITY.................... Somthing to think about:hmmm:
:hmmm: I don't think it's any different to when SH3 was released. We'll find out in a few days if the reaction is like when SH4 was released - creation of a "Class Action" thread will be the litmus test, lol.

Herr Graf
03-02-10, 03:16 AM
Is this the sign up thread for the class action lawsuit?

Thanks much!