PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about DRM

Capt.Warner
03-01-10, 07:45 PM
If I buy the game tonight that comes with DRM will I have to buy another copy with DRM removed if it ever does get removed?Thanks mates:shucks:

kylania
03-01-10, 07:47 PM
Ubisoft has said both that they'd remove the DRM if the system goes away and that the system will never go away. So... we'll find out when we find out.

jwilliams
03-01-10, 07:48 PM
If I buy the game tonight that comes with DRM will I have to buy another copy with DRM removed if it ever does get removed?Thanks mates:shucks:

IF the OSP (DRM) is removed, I'm sure that UBI would release a patch to remove the OSP (DRM) feature from previously bought games.

So you shouldn't need to buy another copy.

ERPP8
03-01-10, 07:54 PM
They'd be grateful to the people who DID buy it that they would definitely make a patch.

derblaueClaus
03-01-10, 07:56 PM
IF the OSP (DRM) is removed, I'm sure that UBI would release a patch to remove the OSP (DRM) feature from previously bought games.

So you shouldn't need to buy another copy.
:agree: They done it the same way in SH4 so I dont see anything that speaks against a removal of the DRM via patch later on.

Ducimus
03-01-10, 08:04 PM
Personnally, id refrain from purchase until the DRM is removed.

jwilliams
03-01-10, 08:07 PM
They done it the same way in SH4 so I dont see anything that speaks against a removal of the DRM via patch later on.

I dont know this for sure, but....

One posibility is that if they patch out OSP, that would mean this patch could be examined and that pirates could then use this patch to pirate future games containing OSP.

I could be wrong of cause. But i think that all titles using OSP, use the same OSP.

So you just might never ever see OSP patched out. (unless OSP fails, either by being cracked or by people not buying Ubi products).

Fantasm
03-01-10, 08:50 PM
For what it's worth, their other big DRM program Assassin Creed 2 is already starting to appear on pirate sites....
So much for that....

jwilliams
03-02-10, 03:25 AM
For what it's worth, their other big DRM program Assassin Creed 2 is already starting to appear on pirate sites....
So much for that....

Have you confirmed this?
I've looked but can not find any that would appear to be genuine.
Dont tell me where, if you know it to be the real "Mc coy".

I dont want to DL it.... just currious as to wether OSP has been cracked yet.

Bubblehead1980
03-02-10, 05:02 AM
I am with Ducimus, waiting until DRM is gone.My internet connection is solid, just a principle thing and saving my self some aggravation with the bugs and glaring issues that will be present in newly released game.Can just see it when want to play and cant because UBI servers are down, will save myself the trouble until DRM crap is gone.However, if what I have read is true, sounds like SH 5 will eventually be modded into a real subsim.

Fantasm
03-02-10, 08:54 AM
"Have you confirmed this?
I've looked but can not find any that would appear to be genuine.
Dont tell me where, if you know it to be the real "Mc coy".

I dont want to DL it.... just currious as to wether OSP has been cracked yet. "

No, I have not confirmed this, but I have seen it offered... and the source and material and the size would seem to be correct... Also there are 'fake' versions out there... vastly different in all respects... I'd be inclined to believe the version I saw was either a genuine one or really good fake.

Onkel Neal
03-02-10, 08:59 AM
So much for that....

Just because "something" shows up on pirate sites does not mean the game has been cracked, or that the "something" is the game. Be careful what you download, it might cause you more grief than DRM ever could. :03: