PDA

View Full Version : If I could get....

FIREWALL
03-01-10, 05:29 PM
I've tried playing this for two days and I give up.

First person hands me 35 bucks can have it.

No shortcut keys.

Can't crash dive without removing watchcrew.

Just to many things to list.

There's a name for this genre of game and Sub simulator isn't it.

Nisgeis
03-01-10, 05:31 PM
No resale, remember :O:.

Nordmann
03-01-10, 05:33 PM
Ah, Ubi's OSP, don't you just love it!

FIREWALL
03-01-10, 05:33 PM
No resale, remember :O:.

Not the way I set it up. :D

jwilliams
03-01-10, 05:35 PM
I've tried playing this for two days and I give up.

First person hands me 35 bucks can have it.

No shortcut keys.

Just to many things to list.

There's a name for this genre of game and Sub simulator isn't it.

LOL your surposed to make the game sound good if you want to sell it.

Or say nothing at all (like Ubi are).

And you'll also have to sell your account as that is prob tied to the game.

:har:

jwilliams
03-01-10, 05:36 PM
Not the way I set it up. :D

hehe :har::har::har:

Dowly

You're kidding, right? :doh:

joejccva71
Not to mention the problem of when your crew gets to 0 morale (for basically no reason), then you are stuck with a dead boat. You can't even get your crew to go to their stations.

Ubi..this game is flat out broken. Fix it please.

Nordmann
03-01-10, 05:38 PM
Ubi..this game is flat out broken. Fix it please.

Good luck, they're probably already working on SHVI!

CCIP
03-01-10, 05:46 PM

No, that is false. YOU as the captain have to get off the bridge to crash dive. What's illogical about that? :hmmm:

That's the first-person thing for you. The game keeps track of where you are.

Geez, some people have no patience.

R-T-B
03-01-10, 05:46 PM
Hopefully some mods I'm working on will alleviate some of this. More later.

FIREWALL
03-01-10, 05:49 PM

Nope. :nope: The more people who have it and post the simple gameplay stuff THAT IS SCREWED.

The more who will wonder WTF!!! :-?

R-T-B
03-01-10, 05:51 PM
What I really would like to see is a SH4 + OM with a fully modeled interior uboat, and actual explosions on ships. We'll see if that ever happens though, I plan on doing my best to help out. :)

Wish me luck.

CCIP
03-01-10, 05:52 PM
What I really would like to see is a SH4 + OM with a fully modeled interior uboat, and actual explosions on ships. We'll see if that ever happens though, I plan on doing my best to help out. :)

Wish me luck.

I think what will come out of SHV will eventually be even better than that. Which is precisely why I think patience will be a worthwhile thing here.

Aside from the morale thing, the other teething troubles I've seen so far are fairly minor.

Sone7
03-01-10, 05:53 PM
First impression was not what it was supposed to be, no second chance from you, huh? :06:

FIREWALL
03-01-10, 05:55 PM
No, that is false. YOU as the captain have to get off the bridge to crash dive. What's illogical about that? :hmmm:

That's the first-person thing for you. The game keeps track of where you are.

Geez, some people have no patience.

Your rude post is not worth respondind to.

Besides you don't know what your talking about. :O:

R-T-B
03-01-10, 05:56 PM
Heck, I'll buy it for modding purposes. Hope I don't get banned for this or something, lol

Neal be nice! It's for the greater development good.

ygpm.

CCIP
03-01-10, 05:56 PM

Why I...
:|\\

walsh2509
03-01-10, 05:58 PM
Did he mean that in calling for a crash dive , the watch don't go down the hatch until you click on each one to tell them to get down it ?

Surely in calling for a crash dive the watch should get down the hatch automatically , it would be different if you wanted to change someone on watch then click on them to order them down.

R-T-B
03-01-10, 05:59 PM
If it's scriptable, my hunch is that that's easily fixable, and will be one of my first release mods. :)

CCIP
03-01-10, 05:59 PM
Did he mean that in calling for a crash dive , the watch don't go down the hatch until you click on each one to tell them to get down it ?

Surely in calling for a crash dive the watch should get down the hatch automatically , it would be different if you wanted to change someone on watch then click on them to order them down.

You don't order the crew to do anything nor do you have to close the hatch. The game says "crew on deck", but what it really means is YOU. Basically, the bottom line is - if you as the captain have climbed on the bridge and order a crash dive, the game refuses. As soon as you're down that ladder - no matter if there's crew above or if the hatch is open - you can hit crash dive and the game will oblige.

Méo
03-01-10, 06:04 PM

While crash diving, the crew is just late in going into the boat (or more likely, the boat is diving too fast), but they don't stay on the bridge.

Which is precisely why I think patience will be a worthwhile thing here.

Seems like you're asking too much...

Laffertytig
03-01-10, 06:06 PM

sorry for jumpin into this thread but some of this dudes comments are very strange:-?

CCIP has the game and merely pointed out that you were wrong in what you said, yet that makes him rude and not knowing what hes talkin about???

you sound like an extremely negative person mate!:hmmm:

R-T-B
03-01-10, 06:25 PM
You take paypal man?

R-T-B
03-01-10, 08:24 PM
lol dude, your dissapearance is killing me. I want to get to work on this engine!

Onkel Neal
03-01-10, 08:46 PM
I warned ya to hold off on buying until a few reviews were out but noooooo.... :hmmm:

kiwi_2005
03-01-10, 08:50 PM
Man i hate the postie! I could shot the bastard. Still waiting for the game. Even though i just received an email last night saying the game is on its way by courier post so its only been 8 hrs but still talk about slow progress :shifty:

:har:

FIREWALL
03-01-10, 08:54 PM
I went off line to check.

When you try to Crash Dive a Baloon pops up and say you can't until You go below.

In the time that takes your dead meat.

Prove me different.

FIREWALL
03-01-10, 08:56 PM
sorry for jumpin into this thread but some of this dudes comments are very strange:-?

CCIP has the game and merely pointed out that you were wrong in what you said, yet that makes him rude and not knowing what hes talkin about???

you sound like an extremely negative person mate!:hmmm:

Brown noseing doesn't get you brownie points around here. :haha:

CCIP
03-01-10, 09:04 PM
I went off line to check.

When you try to Crash Dive a Baloon pops up and say you can't until You go below.

In the time that takes your dead meat.

Prove me different.

How long does it take you to get below? How long do you think it SHOULD take? :hmmm:

Unless I'm out at the bow of the boat or something - well, I just ran a couple of tests. Even from the very back of the conning deck, it takes me exactly 5 seconds to walk over to the hatch and pop down the ladder, without even holding shift.

Sailor Steve
03-01-10, 09:08 PM
Unless I'm out at the bow of the boat or something...
The devs warned us about that one many weeks ago.:sunny:

CCIP
03-01-10, 09:10 PM
The devs warned us about that one many weeks ago.:sunny:

The only real solution is to spend most of the game like I spend most of my real life: in bed. Close to everything and if I miss anything I can blame the watch :yawn:

Laffertytig
03-02-10, 02:23 AM
I warned ya to hold off on buying until a few reviews were out but noooooo.... :hmmm:

is it really that bad?

Méo
03-02-10, 02:31 AM
is it really that bad?

Here's my opinion about it so far.

My theory is that a lot of people have way too much expectations for a game that has, on one hand, very complex demands, and on the other, can only hope to sell around 250 000 copies (or maybe a bit more) but never 9 000 000 copies like other console games (which might be less complex to create).

So, from what I've seen so far (played about 5 hours, could play more but my computer really needs an upgrade). SH5 has some bugs, but more importantly, few things are missing (TDC, showing gyro angle, impossibility to know the depth under keel, etc).

Nevertheless, when I think about SH3 and SH4 vanilla (both games had a LOT of issues on release, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about), I'd say that SH5 is a step forward, not a HUGE step, but it seems to be a better (and is supposed to be particularly open to modding!).

I already know what some people will say: ''oh, if they would stop investing efforts in eye candy, they could succeed.'' Well I'd say that if they ignore eye candy, a lot of new potential customers could also ignore the game.

Just my 2 cents.

Ragtag
03-02-10, 02:57 AM
Go down the ladder and order crashdive. The rest of the crew goes off automatically though they use abit longer time and doesn't go off untill the tower is under water(needs tweaking). Shortcut for crashdive is SHIFT+V. There are many shortcuts available such as ordering battlestations, silent running, deckgun crew and so on. Try the F5+ buttons.
There's no such thing as "dead meat". your crew can't die. They only die with you if you lose your sub.

Try pressing F1 for help before you burst out the alarm ;)
Pressing SHIFT with help on screen shows you even more shortcuts.

To Mèo: You can add lots of commands to your command.cfg... like depth under keel, reporting of contacts and so on. But i agree. They should have been in game out of the box.
I added lot's of commands to my cfg and they work just fine.
What i really miss is setting the salvo spree manually. The spree in game is set to wide so firing 4 fishes, one maybe two(rarely and only with large targets), hits target.

R-T-B
03-02-10, 03:12 AM
There's no such thing as "dead meat". your crew can't die. They only die with you if you lose your sub.

I see some serious modding will be necesary there. :(