PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a copy with english dubbing?

SteamWake
03-01-10, 05:02 PM
Almost all of the reviews and screen shots I have seen have been with german voices / text.

Does anyone out there have an 'english' version? How did they do?

VirtualVikingX
03-01-10, 05:07 PM
Its english in Neals videos, I think.

And an option when you install it. You can only install it with EITHER english or german.

Edit: I have english text and german voices.

Méo
03-01-10, 05:08 PM
Almost all of the reviews and screen shots I have seen have been with german voices / text.

Does anyone out there have an 'english' version? How did they do?

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't put German voices with English text as an option. It's a must.

karamazovnew
03-01-10, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I don't know why they didn't put German voices with English text as an option. It's a must.

They haven't?! We should add this as a patch request. Although most text should be found in a few files. I remember that all TEXT in SH3 and SH4 was taken from some file or another. Nothing was included in tga's. Should be like that here too. That way we can have german labels everywhere but english subtitles for dialogs. :yeah:

SteamWake
03-01-10, 05:29 PM
In neals copy they spoke

(...)
'
:haha:

CCIP
03-01-10, 05:33 PM
They haven't?! We should add this as a patch request. Although most text should be found in a few files. I remember that all TEXT in SH3 and SH4 was taken from some file or another. Nothing was included in tga's. Should be like that here too. That way we can have german labels everywhere but english subtitles for dialogs. :yeah:

That is false, that's exactly what I'm playing right now. You are given the option to install the German or English VOICES. If you buy an English version of the game, the text will be English regardless of what you select for voices.

karamazovnew
03-01-10, 05:38 PM
That is false, that's exactly what I'm playing right now. You are given the option to install the German or English VOICES. If you buy an English version of the game, the text will be English regardless of what you select for voices.

:yeah: that's more like it

SteamWake
03-01-10, 06:22 PM
So you have to choose one or the other at install time?

Thats kind of lame.

Wonder how many hoops you have to jump through if you change your mind?

Remember sh5 re-installs?

CCIP
03-01-10, 06:23 PM
So you have to choose one or the other at install time?

Thats kind of lame.

Yeah, I wondered about that.
On the other hand you at least save some storage space that way (there's something like a gig or more of sounds in the game)

Bilge_Rat
03-01-10, 06:45 PM
I first installed it with the english voices. Its quite fine, they speak in slightly german-accented english.

Then on sunday, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the whole thing, but this time choosing German voices. The rest of the game stays the same (i.e. english menu), but I prefer my crew to speak German.

No issues whatsoever with Ubi on the second install. My game was recognized and launched right away. It even still had my saved games. I had erased the entire game folder so they were no longer on my HD. You only have to type in your CD key the first time you install. They said you could uninstall/install as often as you want and it appears to work as advertised.

SteamWake
03-01-10, 06:48 PM
I first installed it with the english voices. Its quite fine, they speak in slightly german-accented english.

Then on sunday, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the whole thing, but this time choosing German voices. The rest of the game stays the same (i.e. english menu), but I prefer my crew to speak German.

No issues whatsoever with Ubi on the second install. My game was recognized and launched right away. It even still had my saved games. I had erased the entire game folder so they were no longer on my HD. You only have to type in your CD key the first time you install. They said you could uninstall/install as often as you want and it appears to work as advertised.

Thanks for the feedback.

Heretic
03-01-10, 07:07 PM
If one were so inclined, they could save off the sound files and install/uninstall like any other mod. Hardly seems worth the effort tho.

Méo
03-01-10, 07:09 PM

So I guess we just don't have the same version... is yours bilingual on the box?

I've installed the game 3 times so far, one in English, one in German and one in French

You are given the option to install the German or English VOICES

I never saw this option with VOICES.

----

Edit: I got it, it's in the ''custom'' install...

BlackSpot
03-02-10, 06:14 AM
I'm installing right now. Just to clarify. Chose "custom" when installing and it will give you the option to install English or German voices. :salute: