PDA

View Full Version : Voice commands

braden
03-01-10, 02:53 AM
Can someone tell me, (cause i'm currently of non-fixed address so Ubisoft doesn't want me to play) :

Do the config files look like they support more voice commands than previous versions? i.e. keys that can be mapped via 3rd party voice->keypress software.

Training my voice on windows7 then playing SH4 using voice commands was a massive immersion booster. [Sure you sound like a true geek with other people in the house, but i could never stop smiling to myself with how cool it was giving basic commands for steering, opening tube, launching torp etc]

Was disappointing that there were certain limitations. From memory we couldn't specify exactly which tube to open. Certainly couldn't specify an exact heading, depth, speed to take.

I remember suggesting support for more keyboard commands a loooong time ago (so they could be mapped to voice) on the ubi sh5 forum, but there was no clarification they would/wouldn't do anything about it.

Webster
03-01-10, 01:01 PM
hmmm, no reply yet :06:

i thought there would be more interest in voice commands

COWBOY10
03-01-10, 01:08 PM
Think it would be Great Webster, But only a few of us have the sim as of yet, SO need they are the only ones to be able to answer. Fingers crossed it can be done though. Hearing about the scripts, sounds like everything should be able to be modded. :yeah:

Sone7
03-01-10, 01:09 PM
I suppose that would be possible. And now imagine voice commands ALONG WITH scripting abilities!

COWBOY10
03-01-10, 01:23 PM
Stop it, Im getting excited again ;)