PDA

View Full Version : I hope they can mod...

SteamWake
02-28-10, 06:58 PM
How fast you move through the sub. Its always bugged me abut FPS perspectives. From all the preview footage I have seen its in SH5 as well.

Its like you glide, float, quite quickly. Hopefully there is a run vs walk feature. Even better if its moddable to suit your taste.

Sailor Steve
02-28-10, 07:01 PM
The Tomb Raider series ran, but had a button you could hold down to force a walk. I was hoping for something like that here.

joejccva71
02-28-10, 07:03 PM
I just got my copy and I'm sad I bought it honestly. The graphics are nice, but the UI, the gameplay, and the immersion are completely gone. If you are looking for an arcade game, this is for you. If you want realism and immersion...play SH3 or SH4 modded.

jwilliams
02-28-10, 07:04 PM
The Tomb Raider series ran, but had a button you could hold down to force a walk. I was hoping for something like that here.

If there should be a key for this :-
"Caps Lock" (light on to run and light off to walk)

thats how i'd like it done anyhow.

i dont want to be continusly holding a button to make myself walk, i might like to go for a stroll and my little finger would ache if i had to continusly hold down say the left shift key (i know this button might not be used to walk, it just an example).

McHibbins
02-28-10, 07:08 PM
How fast you move through the sub. Its always bugged me abut FPS perspectives. From all the preview footage I have seen its in SH5 as well.

Its like you glide, float, quite quickly. Hopefully there is a run vs walk feature. Even better if its moddable to suit your taste.

And it sounds like the Kaleun is wearing "Pumps" or High Heels :har:

Webster
02-28-10, 07:19 PM

dont ask dont tell :O:

SteamWake
02-28-10, 07:43 PM

and so does Dragon Age, Oblivion, etc. but thats a little different from the cramped confines of a submarine. There I would think the default would be walk.

Anyhow just something I wondered about.

Noren
02-28-10, 07:45 PM
Dont worry, it might be modded! Of course the captain should run around, he gets the highest salary.

only kidding, Im a bit tired of negativ critic...and Im afraid the game is a bit of a failure.

Soviet_Warlord
02-28-10, 07:59 PM
Yes, the default action is walk, but if you hold shift you run. Caps lock turns on permanent run.

Sailor Steve
02-28-10, 09:02 PM
Yes, the default action is walk, but if you hold shift you run. Caps lock turns on permanent run.
Is that the way it is now, or is that your wish? If the latter, I want that too. If the former...WOOHOO!

Ducimus
02-28-10, 10:23 PM

Ill bet that footstep sound (at least in the videos ive watched) is the same one used in the MOH series. It sounds damn familiar.

THE_MASK
02-28-10, 11:08 PM
Ill bet that footstep sound (at least in the videos ive watched) is the same one used in the MOH series. It sounds damn familiar.
Funny you should say that . The MOH sub walkthru video i posted a while back has almost the same sounds as the footsteps and the hatches closing in SH5 LOL .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156806&highlight=sub+walkthru

malkuth74
02-28-10, 11:10 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but lots of people are not buying the game for that other reason.... And some of them I think are MODDERS.

We might not have anything much for SH5 for a very long time.

ddrgn
02-28-10, 11:23 PM
hold shift and you run through your boat,

I'm old school here too, I used to play SH3 OLC mod 100% realism, you people talking about arcade don't see what happening here at my place....

We (we have a lan set up with a custom practice map I made this morning) are hitting ships at 3500 meters using traditional math using 100% realism. We are now back to basics here people, no pretty interface full of dials etc, its numbers, by the way you can type any number into the TDC fields via the keyboard.

I do miss the compass and I am forced to 0 my view and hit "view to heading", my navigator will tell me my relative heading, only true thing I can not find is how to set the salvo spread.

Other than that this game has everything we had before lacking a few things of course, a few esthetic bugs, but to be honest the immersion factor is HUGE... Being able to move freely from sub to the outside world is incredible is fluid from stattion to station.

Its not perfect, but its the same as SH3 in many respects with a huge amount of additional content. The modders will see what I am talking about here, the rest of you casual gamers that think they are experts on everything and never really do anything but complain will take more time im sure.

I am very happy with this product, I look forward to some serious wolf packing multiplayer with others that agree with me.

Webster
03-01-10, 01:07 PM
Funny you should say that . The MOH sub walkthru video i posted a while back has almost the same sounds as the footsteps and the hatches closing in SH5 LOL .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156806&highlight=sub+walkthru

it makes good buisness sense to save money but you would hope there would be more interest in producing something new and better than just taking stuff off of a dusty shelf and plugging it in to make a game

frau kaleun
03-01-10, 01:31 PM

What, and risk getting oil stains on my Manolos? Perish the thought.

SteamWake
03-01-10, 03:33 PM
What, and risk getting oil stains on my Manolos? Perish the thought.

I think there talking about those 'light loafers' as in a litte bit of.

Onkel Neal
03-01-10, 04:10 PM

That's easy, just push the W key and let off, push it and let off....very realistic, simulattes taking steps. :03:

i dont want to be continusly holding a button to make myself walk, i might like to go for a stroll and my little finger would ache if i had to continusly hold down say the left shift key (i know this button might not be used to walk, it just an example).

Lol, how far are you going to go? It's a 55m submarine.

SteamWake
03-01-10, 06:15 PM
That's easy, just push the W key and let off, push it and let off....very realistic, simulattes taking steps. :03:

Like I'm going to sit there and wack my W key.... :03:

I'm just sayin I hope they can adjust the speed of walk and run for that matter. It always seems faster than in real life and after all the boat is only 55 feet :salute:

One more thought how about mapping fps movement through the mousey ala Dragon Age. :06:

jwilliams
03-01-10, 09:19 PM

Lol, i know, i know, i was being a little over dramatic

but i'd rather walk than run..... but i see that what i want is what i'm going to get :up:

if i buy this game.....

Still Waiting on the Review...

so pull your finger out Neal. :03:

:D