PDA

View Full Version : sharing a LOL moment

czarnaszabla
02-28-10, 11:09 AM
Found on the sh5 forums over at Ubi:

A sailor that happens to be working on an actual submarine, complains about not having internet underwater. So, he is told to get sh4, because:
"
I think the novelty of running around the sub's interior will wear of very quickly."

the novelty

of running around

inside a submarine.

And you say that to someone who WORKS on a submarine? o_O?

malkuth74
02-28-10, 11:21 AM
Some people like the idea, some don't.

I think it will be great myself.

czarnaszabla
02-28-10, 11:35 AM
i think you missed my point.

It's not about how awesme it will be. It's that someone has told a sailor, not to miss not being able to run around a sub in SHIV like he could in SHV.

That guy runs around a sub for a living.

malkuth74
02-28-10, 12:13 PM
I think I understand.

But for some reason some people just don't like the idea. I have no idea why. But they do. LOL.

Some people just like to complain about things. But yes I'm sure the sailor will enjoy the emersion of being inside the sub. I know I will love it. So much better then looking at a map for hours on end my friend. :)

Can't wait to try it out. :rock:

Noren
02-28-10, 12:31 PM
It will be fun for a start, everything gets a honeymoon but if the rest
of the simulation is a letdown- graphics and walking around wont save the game.

Now, I cant see a reason the sailor cant play SH:5 underwater :damn:

kylania
02-28-10, 02:06 PM
Now, I cant see a reason the sailor cant play SH:5 underwater :damn:

SH5 needs to be constantly connected via internet to Ubisoft's servers or you can't play. Not a lot of constant internet at 1200 feet below sea level. :)

rcjonessnp175
02-28-10, 02:17 PM
Ya i read this one to, funny and sad at the same time for obvious reasons im sure some teenage kid will fix the problem someday anyway, But dont our new nuke subs have directv nowadays:haha:

Heretic
02-28-10, 02:20 PM
Sad contrast in the mood between the UBI forum and this one. Scarcely a mention of game being in people's hands, let alone the interest in information and screenshots we see here. They evidently were less successful having the two camps co-exist then we were.

mookiemookie
02-28-10, 02:21 PM
So much better then looking at a map for hours on end my friend.

You still will. After running around for 10 minutes and seeing everything there is to see, you'll be back to watching the map in 256x TC.

Noren
02-28-10, 02:40 PM
@Kylania: ....and I knew that. I was merely beeing ironic, stating the obvious illogical DRM.
That sailor makes me think of a cronically ill patient that, from the bed of a hospital, posted on ubisoft's forum: he had been true to ubisoft and bought almost all of their games...now, one of his last joys of life was to play on his laptop. DRM makes that impossible for him.

JScones
03-01-10, 02:16 AM
You still will. After running around for 10 minutes and seeing everything there is to see, you'll be back to watching the map in 256x TC.
That's my belief too. Unless of course the blurb was right and you have to pat your crew on the bum every other day to keep their morale up.

frau kaleun
03-01-10, 09:45 AM
Unless of course the blurb was right and you have to pat your crew on the bum every other day to keep their morale up.

If this turns out to be the case, I'm gonna be SO mad I didn't pre-order.

:O: