PDA

View Full Version : Q! Is the deckgun gyrostabilized?

kv29
02-28-10, 08:35 AM
For those who already have the game, is the deckgun still gyrostabilized like in previous games??

The General
02-28-10, 08:50 AM
Was the deck gun gyro-stabilized in real life? If so, then I'm betting it is in the game.

kv29
02-28-10, 08:55 AM
No, they weren´t stabilized at all (at that time). And this is the way I want them, no gyro!

Darkreaver1980
02-28-10, 09:33 AM
i realy hope its stabilised because i cant hit anything (after using the mods that include it) without stabilising

Catfish
02-28-10, 09:37 AM
Hello,

@kv29
the deck guns were indeed stabilized, in real life. The 8.8 as well as the 10.5 in the bigger boats. But the stabilization was not perfect, and limited to a certain degree of movement.

Greetings,
Catfish

tater
02-28-10, 11:59 AM
They removed the stabilization from the 3.7 cm AA gun because it didn't work. They used this broken system on the larger guns?

Link?

The SH deck guns are magically stabilized (SH 4, anyway). They are to any RL ww2 stabilization what RL plotting was to "auto" plotting in SH. Magical.

tater

Sailor Steve
02-28-10, 03:57 PM
the deck guns were indeed stabilized, in real life. The 8.8 as well as the 10.5 in the bigger boats. But the stabilization was not perfect, and limited to a certain degree of movement.
How was this accomplished. Pictures? Diagrams? Evidence please.

Battleships' heavy guns (at least the Americans) had what was called the 'Stable Element', which fired the guns when the ship was exactly level (or was supposed too). Smaller ships didn't have anything like that, as far as I've ever heard.

kv29
02-28-10, 07:33 PM
Awww come on guys, someone with the game running can answer this simple question in a blink