PDA

View Full Version : How to use the resupply sub in SH3 w/ GWX 3

Capt.Warner
02-27-10, 04:18 PM
Okay hey mates,I am currently playing SH3 and I'm in campaign and I decided to make my way to a German resupply sub.I see the sub but how do I get supplies from it?I'm parked right next to thing but nothing happens.Any ideas how I use the resupply sub so I can get resupplied?
Thx:D

frau kaleun
02-27-10, 04:28 PM
(From the GWX3 manual)

GWX implements covert supply ships and Type XIV U-boat tankers as German ports, with the name of the ship or the U-boat written in blue on the navigation map. There are two ways to "dock" with a supply ship or U-boat. The first way is to merely approach within 25 miles of the port and then exit the mission and dock at the named supply ship or U-tanker. Silent Hunter III allows anything but equipment upgrades when you are in port away from your home base, but historical U-tankers loaded only fuel, and supply ships carried only fuel and torpedoes, so if you want to be "historical" then you should limit your resupply operations to historically available items when you dock with U-tankers and supply ships.

The second way to dock with a supply ship or U-tanker is to maneuver your U-boat until you are adjacent to the supply ship or U-boat tanker and then exit the patrol. This method is for use by die-hard fans. NB: the U-tanker is moving at 1 knot in a fixed pattern around its navigation map marker, so try listening with your hydrophones for a slow warship if the U-tanker is not where you expect to find it.

And no I am not saying RTFM, lol, it was just easier to copy and paste than to type out an explanation myself. :D

Capt.Warner
02-27-10, 04:36 PM
Thanks Frau Kaleun:yeah:

frau kaleun
02-27-10, 04:54 PM
You're very welcome! Happy hunting!